MX-5 OC Google Calendar

I’ve just set up a Google Calendar for keeping track of the OC events I’m interested in, but there didn’t seem to be any point in keeping it to myself! So, if you want to view it, you can by going to:

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=cpj38apf4i7l7odeo50harmqf0%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/London

And if you want to add it to your own Google Calendars (if you have a Google account), I think you should be able to by going to

https://www.google.com/calendar/render?cid=Y3BqMzhhcGY0aTdsN29kZW81MGhhcm1xZjBAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ&invEmailKey=lb%40aysgarth.co.uk%3Ae483d4514084cb2621ce5c9d7fe4b5e698ae261e

however I’ve not been able to test that as thoroughly as I would like to! Let me know if it works, please! If it doesn’t, clicking the first link and then clicking the icon in the bottom right should add it.

Anyway. It’s a bit sparse at the moment - I’ve only added about half a dozen events, and they’re all London/South England ones because that’s where I live. I’m hoping it’ll interest enough people that everyone else starts to add to it as well, and fills in all the appropriate details! I think I’ll need to properly invite you for you to get edit rights though, so if you’d like to add anything, drop me a pm with your email address and I’ll get you added as soon as I can!

If you have any thoughts for changes or improvements, let me know, but I’m hoping this should make it a lot easier to keep track of what’s happening when, rather than having lots of forum posts in a random order.

In order to keep things relatively easy to read, I suggest starting the subject of each event with the region it’s taking place in (eg “West London meet: Dysart Arms” or “South Eastern run: Brighton”)

[:D]

Hi

We already have a google calendar for Eastern Region events, and North Thames Areas use it as well.  I also set up an OC motorsport one, plus  national club events plus MaX5 racing etc,  which needs updating!.   They are all public so search them out as well.

I love Google calendar and this is a good use for it but I would suggest that you keep all Club areas on different calenders and check with the areas first if they already do it as I know a few others use it… No point in duplicating work…

Did I say I love Google calendar? use it all the time…   its fab…

Oh, OK! I didn’t realise - I don’t want to duplicate effort, that’s why I was telling people I’d made the calendar.

Annoyingly, Google seem to have removed the “search for calendars” option, or at the least, I can’t find it. What’s the address for the existing one?

I agree, having seperate calendars for the regions is a good idea, and I think it’s probably worth making a sticky thread with a list of the addresses for all the regional calendars in, so people can find them and add them easily. What have you done about allowing people to add events? Do you have one or two admins who are responsible for keeping the calendar up to date, or do you add everyone in the region who expresses interest?

For the ones I have created I am the only admin, and they are shared as public calendars, which are as follows;

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/621.aspx

I see what you mean about searching for public calendars,  I can’t see a search… need to look at that, how do you find other public calendars now then ? 

Happy to have a sticky list of all Club google calendars if we can find out who has them…

UPDATE,

Hmm… they removed the search public calendar feature… !!

http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=139970

Try this for Eastern Region…

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=bDg2aWhlZmV1dG8wdGZrNGFwN2ZiYzI3azBAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

That last link works quite nicely.  :-)  Added.

I think there’s a lot of potential with these calendars, they just need everyone to use them and add to them!

Try this, I have been playing.  A click on the link below should add the Eastern Region calendar to your own:

There is an html generator on Google that creates the right code so you can copy this link in to a web page or forum page… now that is cool…

Sorry to hijack this post Martin, but did you get the personal message I sent you?

Andrew

Great idea Martin, and I notice that there are a few entries already for runs and meet nights, however absolutly nothing in reference to the the Eastern Region - Cambridgeshire (Fenland Five5) dates !!

Hopefully just an oversight ??

The ER ones I put on as I had a spare minute and needed to see how they fitted with a few other things, we havn’t published the dates formerly yet (so stop peeking! :wink: ), and as as we have cancelled the meet tonight they won’t get agreed for a bit yet.  I have the Cambs dates, not had a chance to put them though, although they have been a separate calendar subscription to the main ER ones previously to make it a bit easier.  Apart from one clash which we need to discuss (and is unavoidable)  the ER ones fit in with the Cambs ones quite well as they should…

Bargain…cheers.