MX-5 Rental Tenerife

I picked up a pork shoulder from the butcher on my way back from collecting my hardtopped mk2.5 from the dealer during one August heatwave a few years back.
No aircon on that, so was delighted to have lost 5lbs in weight and prepared a beautiful pulled pork dinner by the time I got home. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ironic my first post should be about MX5s in Tenerife where I had until last month a holiday home and an NB which I bought here (it was LHD and originally owned by a lady working in the British Embassy in Paris). I shipped it out and had it registered for Tenerife. That was 16 years ago. It proved utterly reliable with the original battery lasting 15 years, still on its original exhaust and has sailed through every ITV (MOT) with only one observation and that was they didn’t like the white plastic covers over the rear number plate bolts. There are not that many on the island and convertibles aren’t really that popular given the summer temperatures and the desire not to be fried!

The rental companies seem to be exclusive Fiats and iin all the time spent on the island have seen probably fewer than ten MX5s.

Great driving roads though and the road over Masca is both spectacular and heart-stopping. Having just sold our villa but still having access to the car there, first thing I’ve done is go and buy another MX5. Having pondered another Boxster or SL my wife insisted we get the car she enjoys the most, so another MX5 it is

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.