MX-5’s at the Castle [29th May 2022]

Now the Spring Rally has passed who’s coming to Scotland at the end of the month?

Post linked refers to Grampian Area’s attendance, it would be great though to see those from further afield too :grinning:

Continuing the discussion from MX-5’s at the Castle [29th May 2022] - Perthshire, Scotland:

I am planning to be there! First event that should be able to make it to since joining :slight_smile: very much looking forward to it.

1 Like

I’m in too…let’s hope for good weather and no midges!

1 Like

Too early for them! we hope :wink:

Planning on attending. Seen mention of castle tours which says ‘see forum for info on booking’ - any info? cheers - Tony

Castle Tours & Tree Tours
Tours of the Castle and chapel can be arranged in advance (10 to 40 people, £15 per head).
Details of tours and how to book will be emailed to all ticket holders prior to the event – please do not contact the castle.

I’ll be there in buttercup

1 Like

Don’t forget your tickets, book here MX-5s at the Castle Tickets, Sun 29 May 2022 at 10:30 | Eventbrite
:hearts:

1 Like

I’ll try and be there too! You’ll get to enjoy my rusty sills. :smiley:
Not been at a meet yet, so will be interesting.

I read something about meeting up in Dundee? I can see the Tesco Riverside gas station out my window, so I could show up wherever.

I would love to ‘enjoy your rusty sills’!!! !!! !!!

Remember it’s free for members so what is not to like. Our reputations for a bargain are legendry so don’t let the side down.
:heart:

Yeah will definitely be there. Burn Street it is. I’ve seen a few MX-5s around Dundee with MX5OC stickers on them but have never met the owners. Usually folks who’ve come from other cities driving through. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to book your FOC entry ticket on line.

It looks like it will be dry on Sunday which is good, look forward to catching up with whoever makes it there on the day :+1:

2 Likes

So far about 130 Cars registered for the day, looks like it will be a nice meet.

Details with directions will be going in an email tonight.

3 Likes

Directions to the castle

SatNav
We suggest using Postcode PH1 4HG (the shop in Murthly) as the closest to the gates, head down the hill from there, keeping right at the fork and turn left after 150yds into the castle (Gate with four stone pillars).

Google Maps Location https://goo.gl/maps/r9CtfgrhUVgZyifA7

What3Words Location https://what3words.com/ship.crows.intend

Once through the gate for the drive for over a mile and bear right (signed) you will come up towards the castle and the parking will be on the left, the team will direct you to parking.

Directions to Murthly Castle.pdf (64.1 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you for an excellent day out, good to meet some new faces.

2 Likes

What an excellent place! Many thanks to the organisers and please pass on our thanks to Thomas for the rather splendid guided tour.

2 Likes

Top day out. Enjoyed it so much that treated Sabine to a blast down the B roads to get home instead of the humdrum of the motorway. Looking forward to plenty more events in the future. :sunglasses:

A few more pics. Maybe about 80 cars turned up? A good day in a lovely location. Thanks to the organisers.

3 Likes

Lovely weather, Lovely cars, Lovely people. Great to get reacquainted with some familiar faces and meet some new friends.