MX-5 Sport Venture limited edition 2021

New 2021 Sport Venture limited edition, 1.5 only

1 Like

Beautiful car with gorgeous trim and some great tech but find it a bit strange it’s only a 1.5 at a 6-speed. Seems somewhat wasteful. Why not a full 2.0 and make it really special? My Venture from 2013 is a 1.8 :woman_shrugging: This feels like a step backwards. Just my humble opinion, though. Like I say, looks lovely

2 Likes

Not sure about the grey top, and ÂŁ27k for a 1.5 - But it will be rare! :slight_smile:

Agree the colour combo looks very smart. But what a poor gallery of photos, looks like they went to town on photoshop… on a donkey.

Isn’t the 1.5 ND faster than our 1.8 NC?

1 Like

Only by 6mph- not a significant enough difference in my view, to warrant opting for the newer one. Again, though, that’s just my viewpoint. To be fair too, folk don’t typically buy an MX-5 for speed- that’s what Porches, Audi’s and Jags are for. As others have said, I’d much rather drive a ‘slower’ car fast than constantly have to drive a ‘fast‘ car slow.

3 Likes

The 1.5 ND is an epic package with the right suspension set up, that engine is quite special.

The 2.0 ND2 is a more complete car out of the box.

1 Like

I owned a NC Venture with the 1.8 engine and was never impressed with the engine, I think this would be much better.

Lovely colour combination. The 1.5 engine in the ND is a gem, but I can see why some would be disappointed there’s no 2 litre. Interesting the ND is now being referred to as being a bit long in the tooth :flushed:

I quite like it but I think it would be better if it was orange :wink:

1 Like

I’ve not looked at this yet, but thought some may be interested!!
Rob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SAsy9lSa0M

That’s a beautiful colour combination. I like the slivered door mirrors picking up the silvered seat back bars. Interesting roof colour too… it’s not cherry red though :joy::joy::joy:

I like my 1.8 Venture but yes it isn’t fast. It still does whatevever I need it to do, even in the hills around me.

It wasn’t the speed of the 1.8 that was the problem, it just didn’t seem as nice as the 1.6 in the NB I had before.

Yes, was an interesting comment! How is this long in the tooth…?!

NA - Produced from 1989 - 1997 approx.
NB - Produced from 1998 - 2004 approx.
NC - Produced from 2005 - 2014 approx.
ND - Produced from 2015 - Onwards…

So the ND is 6 years in now, what will follow…?!

The design and technology in the ND was a significant step forward, so personally I wouldn’t call it long in the tooth just yet. It still looks pretty sharp to me. The shortest run was the NB (6 years), then NA (8 years) followed by the NC (9 years) while the ND is currently on 6.

The NA & NB were very similar of course, so you could legitimately link them making the NA / NB (14 years) and therefore the longest run of one design.

If there’s to be replacement then I guess 2 to 3 years would be about right. Whether they go for a minor or major change remains to be seen. An electric option could be one possibility, given the ban on new petrol cars from 2030 - or perhaps they’ll squeeze in one more petrol version before then!

I was actually thinking of 0 to 60 times, usability, and in gear accelerations: that’s where the 1.5 has the advantage over our 1.8

On the Mazda UK web site you can spec up a 2.0 lt GT Sport Nav in Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Light Stone Nappa (heated)seats if the 1.5 is not enough. Unfortunately the rather nice grey softtop is not an option. My fantasy “build” came to £32K!

That’s why I bought a 3 year old 2.0 with 14k miles for £15k, almost half new price.

1 Like

I recently did this on the Morgan website and built my fantasy Plus Four…I then discovered that my fantasy costs £64,000…Maybe need to wait a few years :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like