MX-5 Spring meet and visit to museum!

Hi guys,

anyone interested to meet and go to Spring meet on the 8th of May and visit to museum
Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum .
Stockley
Check the link please https://www.springrally.co.uk
If anyone interested e-mail me please damir_vujevic@hotmail.com

Cheers

maybe im being dumb or maybe its my dislexia but i dont get it?

are you looking for someone with a an empty passenger seat so you can go down with them.
or do you have an empty passenger seat and are asking if anyone wants to sit in it?
or are you looking for another member with car so both cars can drive down in convoy?

IF, but only IF there was a convoy from London, the meeting point for it would most likely be the Reading M4 westbound services.

Departure time from there would depend on chosen route, and the weather.

Then there would be the choices of

1. either A4 from Theale interchange, and suffer the Newbury sprawl
  2. or better go a bit further on M4 and take A34 to miss the worst of Newbury and enjoy the downs and a tiny unspoiled bit of Hungerford (A4 though it looks almost the same as it did fifty years ago), and then the inevitable Marlborough bottleneck which might be OK at 10am on a Sunday.
  3. miss the lot and do a back country route which will take double the time.

I’ll be going along option 2, but I will not be tied to a convoy because I’ll be pushing on a bit where possible to enjoy a rare chance of reliving a few bits of my weekend commute in the pre-M4 late 1960s.

Sorry, maybe not explained the best, I am going with my son so looking for other MX5 users who would like to go in convoy as we use to do.

1 Like

No probs, I will probably take option 2 . Might meet you somewhere on the way. No rush for us.