MX-5ND2 Ceramic Touch-Up Paint (47A)

Hi everyone.
I don’t normally get in to doing touching up paint, but I’ve noticed a small chip on the front panel near the “M” badge… quite a visible area! I’ve seen this one which seems good value, but am open to other suggestions from other OC members…! :slight_smile:
Thanks.
Rob

I’ve used the proper official Mazda touch up paint on my Eternal Blue ND and I have to say it is brilliant. It comes with a fibreglass cloth pad on the cap which you wet and use to flatten off the touchup paint after ten minutes before the paint is fully hardened. This way you are not left with a paint spot that overlaps the original chip. It is very easy to use. I wouldn’t use anything else and I don’t think it cost any more than what you are looking at.

3 Likes

9ml Genuine Mazda Touch Up Paint, MX5 Mk4 (mx5parts.co.uk)
10% bank holiday discount at the moment.
I have been very happy with both White and the Orange, the match is perfect.
:heart:

1 Like

Yep another vote for genuine Mazda one.

As said 10% off this weekend.

It’s base coat and lacquer. Follow the instructions, flat the base with the pad on the cap, then add clear coat.

2 Likes

Rob, I would absolutely recommend the Mazda touch up paint.

I have written a post about my experience using it here:

The result I got was outstanding. Take your time doing it, building up layers of base coat. It won’t be until you apply the clear coat the you will really see the results.

Best of luck :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Have to say you were well rewarded for taking your time and doing it properly…! :slight_smile:
Mine is the tinniest of chips and literally requires one careful touch of a brush… I’ve ordered the paint shown in my initial post, and have some fine artist brushes because the ones you normally get with touch-up paint sticks aren’t great…!
Rob

Hope you don’t mind me saying it but I am a bit perplexed as to why you ask people for their good advice and then ignore it.

Not at all… If the chip was larger I’d have gone with the Mazda original with lacquer, but the chip on my car is just so tiny, just the smallest touch of paint will fix it… If it’s wasn’t much good I’d soon post it up on here…!
Rob

Aaarrrggghhh pity the white ceramic paint is out of stock!

I literally just brought some of Amazon, pretty sure it’s the Mazda Brand and works well on my ceramic. My only wish is that they’d used thicker paint and lacquer … I have so many chips :frowning:

That’s a bummer, I checked when I posted and they were in stock then. May be my post started a sales stampede, I should get some commission or at least a mention in despatches!!!
Stay safe.
:heart:

1 Like

:sob: I have had to buy Snowflake White today. I am trying not to be too upset (the car is only two months old :rage:), I am hoping the touch up will be as successful as the Soul Red one I did :blush:.

My chip is in the drivers door, (now I have seen it, I will see it every time I get in :roll_eyes:). I can’t see how anyone could have tonked it with their door, I am meticulous where I park it :thinking:.

Sorry to see that, and in such a hi-vis area! Sure you’re experience will serve you well after doing the Soul Red one :slight_smile:
And don’t get me on parking - Why is it, when you try and park your pride-and-joy away from all the other humdrum cars, only to come back to find yours surrounded by them…! :thinking:
Rob

1 Like