Sherburn in Elmet
LS25 6JE

£5 per car as visitors
Might see you there???
Cheers
Nick

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up Nick :+1:

Edit* Unfortunately this clashes with something else but I hope everyone who goes has a great time.
Please take plenty of pics so those of us who can’t make it can enjoy the experience vicariously.

Cheers,
Guy

i’ve been a couple of times , its a nice place and not too far from the squires biker cafe (if ya into your bikes )

2 Likes

Might be a good excuse to create a convoy of 5’s heading there? I’m in South Yorkshire if anyone fancies meeting up on the way?

anyone going from the midlands ?

A bit optimistic advertising it as “the biggest ever gathering of MX-5s”
He must be expecting 1500+ MX-5s :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

What is The Motorist? Not clear from their website if it’s an eatery, a museum, a track or something else as no About Us page.

EDIT scrap that, I’ve googled and all is now clear! I was looking at https://the-motorist.myshopify.com/

I’ve never been mate, just saw it online. I’ve subsequently looked on YouTube, and it looks like an excellent set up to view cars, get a coffee and I think they sell some classic and prestige cars and bikes. Should be good if the weather plays ball :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I’ve been before, it’s cars and coffee (my profile picture was taken there). Just a bunch of (mostly blokes haha) gorping at other people’s cars and having a chat. It’s good. Turn up early for a good spot and usually find some quite exotic metal turning up.

2 Likes

I might pop down, annoyingly I doubt my wheels will arrive by then even though I ordered them nearly 2 weeks ago so I will still be on stock dasies.

For the curious at heart I ordered a brand new set of watanabe type Bs in 14x6.5 et14.5 from japan directly. All hand made and custom hence the 20 week wait time

By the 2nd of May? Where are the wheels coming from?

Directly from watanabe themselves in Japan, my friend had a similar build time but got them 8 weeks early so fingers crossed

1 Like

We had a run out on 12th, called in to The Motorist, had a cuppa and a sandwich, we were made very welcome , its an interesting venue . They are well on with the building of their new restaurant next to the showroom. We will call in again on the club run to Farndale on April 10th, not sure that we will be able to attend their MX-5 event on May 2nd

1 Like

Unfortunately this event clashes with the AGM of another car club I help run but my son Michael will be there. He has a turbo’d NB.

He also owns and runs his own car detailing products business, selling his own branded, top class products suitable for MX-5s (and every other make)!

1 Like

I just read about this via ‘Motorist’ own website. That made me check our forum, glad it’s been mentioned. Unfortunately I’m not driving for 8 weeks due to Knee replacement, hopefully we still plan to get there even if not in the Eunos.

1 Like

I noted the link above says there’s a £5.00 charge. According to ‘The Motorist’ website this event is now free. As a Yorkshire Man that’s my kind of bargain.

1 Like