MX5 2 MAZ

Hi, i have just got my 5th mx5 , its a tidy   2.5 ARIZONA,  147bhp vvt   , heated leather seats , leccy windows + mirrors , remote C/L.

here are 3 of my previous 4 . (got no pics of my first mk3  )

this little 5 had covered 33,800 when i bought it .

10 services in book , last timing belt change at 20k in 2008 , so that was changed asap ( by trained mechanic , i didn’t fancy that one  )

the condition of the mk2 looks really good , being injected and underbody coated at cost of over ÂŁ400

the sills, arches and chassis rails are all good, 

boot area very clean too.

That looks very clean.

Lovely looking car.

Grant

the wheels were already powder coated and calipers painted 

it came with the mazda style bars and mesh wind break,

strut brace already fitted too,

stainless back box already fitted + 4 mud flaps

k+n typhoon induction kit , yes came with it 

and the “blingy” number plate…

the car is by no means perfect , BUT  it is very good, 

there were a few minor dinks , they have been sorted by DENTDEVILS 

the roof has cracks above the windows ( still water tight but unsightly ) …as seen on this pic 

It looks reasonably well sorted.

Obviously cared for by a previous owner.

Its s cracking buy.

1 Like

That car appears immaculate - not too many previous owners and low mileage I guess.

Looks like competition material to me. 

Did you clean up the engine bay - mint. 

hi rhino , yes i like to give all my cars a good fettle, 

this is how it came to me , dirty and very small areas of minor surface rust , discoloured nuts/bolts 

this is now…      I freshened up the cam cover while the timing belt was being changed 

also removed seats to give it a good vac’

then…

headlights slightly discoloured , mainly at top edge ,

after some elbow grease applied,

starting to look something like !!

lovely heated seats ,

mileage is going up , after ride to national rally at ragley hall 

Nice find

It is indeed a nice car  having seen it in the flesh and knowing how fastidious the new owner is  the pictures don’t do it justice! Glad your back in a 5 Geoff, was feeling lonely  

Barrie

1 Like

Very nice too, I too like a clean engine bay but must try harder,do like the use of the long tipped mason bit to show TDC for cam belt job, cheers Rob.

That’s got to be the cleanest MK2 I’ve seen, looks stunning mate! Beautiful condition and obviously very well pampered car that!

1 Like

recently replaced discs + pads , front and rear.

and it has all matching michelin tyres,

Snap, well apart from the fact that your’s looks mint, and my silver Arizona needs a good clean and the chassis rails to be done in a couple of years.

How did you get the lights so clean?  Did you clean the inside and what did you use?

Just had a visit from Geoff (bally3) with his Arizona.  I thought for a minute that we’d gone back in time and he’d blagged a Mazda dealer test drive of the “new” model from 2002. What a splendid motor, the dents guy had worked his magic and undetectable paintless repairs done, not that there were that many but now almost perfect bodywork. Love it! As usual if you own or have owned one of these cars, your eyes get drawn to the usual suspect rust areas ( including under bonnet areas) everything looks amazingly clean and fresh. Bit jealous if I’m being honest  it’s got to the stage now, where he’s going to remove the bonnet stay and bracketry next 'cos it’s not quite up to scratch? Whatever next mate 

Barrie

1 Like

[quote=Bettabuilda]

Just had a visit from Geoff (bally3) with his Arizona.  I thought for a minute that we’d gone back in time and he’d blagged a Mazda dealer test drive of the “new” model from 2002. What a splendid motor, the dents guy had worked his magic and undetectable paintless repairs done, not that there were that many but now almost perfect bodywork. Love it! As usual if you own or have owned one of these cars, your eyes get drawn to the usual suspect rust areas ( including under bonnet areas) everything looks amazingly clean and fresh. Bit jealous if I’m being honest  it’s got to the stage now, where he’s going to remove the bonnet stay and bracketry next 'cos it’s not quite up to scratch? Whatever next mate 

Barrie

. cheers baz,  always a pleasure to stop off for a coffee + chat 

thank you for the kind words 

ps,already on with bonnet stayÂ