MX5 2024 model. No auto option

When I wanted a mk3.5 RC auto - I had to wait about nine months until one came up at a reasonable price/distance. Even then I missed some faults (which really should not have been present on a car sold at a large Mazda official dealer). All sorted out in the end of course.

I suppose one can get an independent inspection arranged remotely.

Thanks for replying.
Good luck on finding the right car in due course.
Distance selling can play to your advantage, as if you find the car you want (and place a deposit) and not as described you will get the deposit/full refund back.
Went to Mansfield in January to collect a car for my daughter.
I won’t bore you with the details, but absolutely NOT as described by ALL the sales just lied to sell it.
We were refunded when I refused to leave and asked for a camp bed in an office until done. :wink::+1:

My local dealer informed me a couple of months ago there was not going to be any automatics in the updated 2024 version. I was looking to replace by 2019 ND2 GT RF automatic with the newer 2024 version, but instead part exchanged it for a late 2022 ND2 GT RF automatic with only 5,000 miles. However, I am glad I did as see the 2024 Homura RF is nearly £38K so an automatic would be near £40K. The day of the cheap fun sports car has gone !!.

my ND RF Auto has paddles usable in auto box manual mode

1 Like

The NC auto has odd looking paddles (four in total).

The ND auto has more conventional paddles (two in total).

I have the NC auto and rarely use the paddles, the gearbox is very good at its job.

You can probably use them in auto mode too, if you try. It overrides the auto for a few seconds; possibly useful when about to enter a corner or where you want to hold a low gear to the red line.

2 Likes

I’m sure you’re right. Its a good reminder to give it a go. Thanks, Jon

ND has paddles it’s great I have a 184 - changes slickly, blips nicely on the downshift…as an amputee…sad/annoyed to hear this news

2 Likes

@zpat and anyone else after one: someone in my local area (North West Midlands) is selling a 2018 RF auto in grey with 19,000 miles on it. It was posted in our Facebook group this morning.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.