Mx5 25th anniversary model

Hi

First post to this forum - I am looking to buy one of these as the wife loves the colour, spec etc. I note there is one for sale on gumtree and was wondering if anybody could give me some ideas of issues to look for when I go to view it

Thanks

@Mav366
hi follow this link to the 25th owners club on FB

2 Likes

That’s strong money they are asking. A look on the gov.uk mot history site shows a list of several items which came up as advisories so you would want to negotiate if possible to allow for the tyre purchase and possible minor rust treatment and underseal.
It’s a low miles lady owned car supposedly so the top will be a lot shinier than the bottom.

1 Like

Thanks for this - unfortunately the anniversary badge was removed from mine prior to me purchasing it last year :worried:

I think it is possible to get a replacement from Mazda, though I don’t have a link or anything.

Thanks. Think I can but I don’t know the number :pensive:

You can still join the 25AE FB group anyway. Maybe the car is already known to the group from the previous owner?

1 Like

Thanks - I’ve joined but they weren’t aware of mine. Mazda UK were though, No. 1087 and new badge ordered. :+1:

3 Likes

How is it 1087, I thought the run was 1000? Mine was 980

(edit)… so apparently they eventually rolled out 1099 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep confused me at first too!