MX5 and hip replacement

Just Wanted to Thank You For Starting This Thread :smiley:

Because I Try to Be an Elegant Old Lady …But In Terms of Getting In and Out of My Girl at the Moment…I Don’t Wear Skirts Anymore

GP says Hips & Knees on the Blink. So I’m So Glad to Read Fellow Members Experiences of Replacements :+1:

At the Moment I Find My Girl Perfect for Lowering Myself Up and Down - The Door and Opposite Opening Ideal for My Height. Thank You Mazda MX5 Design :jp: :owl:

PLUS POLISHED LEATHER SEAT for Swivel In/Out…Knees Together

Getting Out Though Gents It’s Knees & Legs Apart…Hence Trousers Only !

But I Love My Girl and the Joy She Brings to Me…So Would Be Prepared to Go Through Most Things to Maintain Our Relationship

:muscle: More Power To Your Elbow and Everyone Else Having to Go Surgical

Would Most Appreciate Updates to Thread So I Know What I Have to Look Forward To

LOL !

5 Likes

My BIL had the same last year, brilliant job, back to normal now and he’s 76 yoa. Good Luck! Wish you well!

1 Like

I don’t consider myself old but having been born in nineteen canteen I do find the MX5 a little low at times,so I find the best way of exiting is to swivel on seat to get legs out.Use steering wheel and elbow on body work to rear of door to push up so by being able to stand up

If your NC is standard ride height you should be ok, just open the door and step in :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey there,
How did your op go?
Are you feeling good, or already having cold turkey not driving your 5?

Delayed until 14th July! It’s given me time to perfect my pelvic floor muscle exercises (not!).

2 Likes

So even major operations get delayed? Wow…

It is seriously bad news that important operations like yours are delayed. I dread to imagine the extent of collateral damage from Covid. I’d definitely recommend you work on those exercises. It makes all the difference to your return to normal. Best wishes for the 14th.
JS

1 Like

When diagnosed I was told the waiting list was six months, so to get it down to 6 to 8 weeks is amazing. Apparently they are doing two a day at Southend to bring the numbers down. Thanks for the good wishes!

2 Likes

Only by two weeks, far better than the six month wait earlier in the year.

2 Likes

Two hips and a full ankle replacement havent caused me any issues with driving my 5. I was driving my Locost (Lotus 7 copy) after the two hips so all good. Still messing about crawling under cars but its the rest of me thats also wearing out as Ime pushing on shortly to 70!!!

3 Likes

I recall seeing someone make the point that, inside every pensioner is a 24 year old, wondering what happened… The desire and enjoyment of tinkering is still there, but the body doesn’t quite do what a chap feels it ought, any more! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

And Chapesses !
Fixing new front number plate housing
Was it the getting down or getting back up again :grimacing:
Both !
Most undignified :blush:
But One of the Great Things About the MX5 is Their Size
Less Area to Wash & Polish :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I’m a fella so found an empty carrier bag placed loose on the seat cushion was more discreet than wearing a silk dress but maintained the swivel factor :older_man::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

What do you mean 24 year old, I still think I’m 18!

2 Likes

Probably won’t help but my Dad had his cancerous prostrate removed and it never came back. This was sometime between 1994 and 2009. Strongly Suspect They’ve Got a Whole Lot Better Since Then :owl:
He used to love me driving him in the MX5 Roof Up Roof Down !

Keep Strong :muscle:

5 Likes

Yes it is now done by robotic keyhole surgery, the surgeon sits remotely at a control desk working the instruments from there with a 10x magnification of what he is doing. A long way from the slice and dive in of the old ways!

3 Likes

I’ve just had a cheerful email from an old school friend who recently had an “uneventful” (ie successful) robot job at Southampton, by Mr Dudderidge (I think).

A good omen.

1 Like

Thanks for that, you’re all doing wonders for my confidence building!

4 Likes

Actually Me Thinks It’s You [and MakP63 for Starting the Thread] :+1: :+1:

That’s Doing the Wonders :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

For Your Courage in Sharing Your Experiences With Us :muscle: :muscle:

Is It Me or Is Anyone Else Thinking About Lee Majors and the Six Million Dollar Man

We Can Rebuild Him :mechanical_leg: :mechanical_arm:

My Generation Would Have Considered These Operations Sci Fi :open_mouth:

Hat’s Off to All Scientists …Especially the Ones that Developed the COVID Vaccine :clap: :clap: :clap: [Just Doesn’t Seem Enough Somehow…]

4 Likes