MX5 and hip replacement

Thanks, the more I have found out about Prostate Cancer the more evangelical I have become. The advances in medical science have done me proud and the speed and accuracy of diagnosis, testing and referral by the NHS has been most impressive, particularly with all the problems of Covid. So it’s a 5.30 start tomorrow for a 7.00 arrival at Southend Hospital, if you listen carefully you can hear the sharpening of the knives.

5 Likes

Me Thinks It Ain’t Your Time !
You’ve Got This !

4 Likes

Well it’s been done, lost six hours of my life somewhere, sore, a bit of pain (ain’t Morphine great) but you don’t know how relieved I am. Indebted to the NHS and the great people who work in it. Hopefully home tomorrow.

10 Likes

Fab news! Hope the recovery goes well and you’re back in your car reasonably soon!

1 Like

Knew You Could Do It :muscle:
LOL [Laugh Out Loud]…The Lengths Some Folk Will Go To For Morphine :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Seriously…Plenty of Well Deserved R & R and Indulge Yourself :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Back home now a little sore and uncomfortable but I’ve made it. Catheter out in 14 days, follow up with Consultant in eight weeks. Thanks for everyone’s good wishes, it does make a difference to know your not alone, all power to the MX-5 Owner’s Club!

8 Likes

Don’t Know If It Helps :thinking:
But a Mentor of Mine Coped With Her Catheter By Giving It a Name
She Called it ‘Claude’
Then When Removed…Her Daughter-in-Law Wrote a Poem ‘Ode To The Death of Claude’
In Similar Vein I Called my Fibroids ‘Tom, Richard & Harriet’
And My False Teeth are Harold & Hastings [Mark 1 - IV and Mark 1 - 11]
My Bridge is Called Bridget [When Your Teeth Start Falling Out as a ‘Youngster’ Humour Can Fail]
But…I Count My Blessing that I’m Not a Chap Recovering From Your Op !!
Kindest :open_mouth: :sweat: :exploding_head: :sunglasses: :clap: :+1: :muscle:

1 Like

My catheters name is currently unprintable!

1 Like

I’m Thinking Use the Phonetic Alphabet

Like FoxtrotOscarCharlie :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Only You Know What To Call It :shushing_face:

1 Like

Oh well back to Hospital, the morphine’s played havoc with the bowels, never had an enema before, right as rain now and waiting to go home, feel great.

3 Likes

Free of charge???

Not exactly, I have been paying for it over the last 44 years on instalment.

2 Likes

What a Lucky Chap You Are…Unexpected Bonus of Weight Loss :flushed:

1 Like

Personally I’m All For the Instalment Plan :+1:

2 Likes

Think You Meant This for PHILC1 or Am I Having One of My Senior Moments & Lost The Thread
Oh I’ve Just Learnt Something…How Modern Phraseology Translates From the Old
DOH !!!
Stupid Is As Stupid Does
Apologies

1 Like

FoxtrotOscarCharlie
FOC
Free of Charge…

More ‘Go Away Charlie the Catheter’ :innocent:

2 Likes

Got it…

Should be going in Tuesday for my hip replacement.
I have had to self isolate for the week before so took the opportunity of driving my NC when I had to go for my covid check yesterday.

5 Likes

WE’RE ALL WITH YOU :muscle:

Site is Asking Me to ‘Invite Others Over’

MX5 O.C.

Tell Me How ???