MX5 CITY opinions

1. My model of MX-5 is: 3.5__
  2. I’m based near: Hull__
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: _rust treatment/prevention

Based on recommendations on here, I have contacted JR Classics for rust treatment but he’s booked up until August next year. Has anyone used mx5 City in South Yorkshire for rust treatment? If so, what was your experience? I don’t want anyone to make a mess of the job or not do it properly. Thank you. _

I remember someone having it done and not too happy,
I’m sure they’ll be along to advise you
:astonished::astonished::astonished:

1 Like

One of my previous cars done there

For the love of god, go anywhere but MX5 City…

It was me that @bally3 is referring to… And here’s my original post:

Read it carefully, and find someone else, or do it yourself like I ultimately ended up doing.

and don’t use waxoyl. It was good 20 years ago but there are many better things available now (Bilt Hamber, Dinitrol).

I say use Waxoyl if you want. We still have our mini at 30 years old and it is still in perfect condition. Both our MX5s have been done with it as well.
For every opinion on any subject you will find an opposite one. Mine is based on personal use. If you need pictures to prove just shout up.
:heart:

I second that.

I prefer Bilt Hamber but I think at least 95% of the success of Bilt Hamber or any product can be attributed to applying the product correctly and fully in accordance with makers instructions (both the car and the product).

And for anyone else reading this who is new to old cars when they say clean before applying they mean no grease or muck at all and literally you can eat your dinner off it.

1 Like

He took my booking in March this year for February 2023, unless there’s a cancellation and I can get in sooner…