MX5 Heaven

1. My model of MX-5 is: __2l nc1
  2. I’m based near: __Bournemouth
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __servicing

Hi, has anyone had any work done by MX5 heaven in Dorchester, or can recommend an independent around the Dorset area.

1 Like

Hello, I have had work done at MX5 Heaven, they know the car and have good men who the MX5 I have a Mk2 they done my chassis rails they weren’t cheap but done a good job. Also I have bought parts from them both new and used. if you book it you can have a curtesy car (they have several different models)
Sorry I didn’t say but I live at Yeovil, so they aren’t too far away.
I used to work with a Guy who had a Mk1 & a Mk3 he used to have everything done by them servicing all maintenance and repairs he wouldn’t go anywhere else.

Hi Brian,
Many thanks for the infomation, much appreciated
Glynn

1 Like

Hello Glynn,
I can’t believe that no one else gave you any information be it good or bad. Every time I have been there they have been pretty busy.
Also l forget to mention they have just done up and modified their workshop and reception area.
They have a website for new and used parts for all marks.
Brian.

Hi Brian,
It surprised me as well, at least there was nothing bad said about them. I intend to pop over and see them next week and discuss the work that I want them to undertake
Again many thanks
Glynn…

Might be a good idea to give them a ring first, in all this with social distancing and stuff at the moment.

Will do :ok_hand:

Just seen this…here’s my thoughts. I used them for bodywork and servicing when I owned a mk2. Overall I would say they were fairly good, but not 100%. For bodywork they repaired both rear sills to a good standard, however paint work was poor and had to take car back for repaint. I also had cambelt and (leaking) camshaft front oil seal done, however the seal still leaked. I sold the car shortly after. They are knowledgeable, friendly and approachable. Importantly, I got them to regularly check the condition of the front chassis rails for me which was reassuring. No garage is perfect, so overall I would still recommend.

Thanks for the heads up, I am contemplating having the car serviced, Also wanted the gearbox and rear differential oil change (dependant on what oil they use ?

I’m not sure what oil they use, but the handbook should give the details. Worth discussing with the garage beforehand to ensure they use an appropriate oil.

Recently had a new clutch fitted, very friendly and kept me in touch with developments. Reasonably priced.Recommend them.

1 Like