MX5 independent servicing near Rickmansworth / Watford / Hertfordshire

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2013 NC 2.0
  2. I’m based near: Rickmansworth
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Independent garages

Hi there, recently purchased a 2013 NC which has not been serviced in 1.5 years, although the mileage is low at 27K.

I’ve looked up various threads but the only independent coming up nearby is Japex. The problem is I already purchased the oils, filters, brake fluid, diff oil etc - and they won’t provide a labour only service.

Does anyone recommend an independent in this area who is competent with MX5s?

Thanks for your help.

Why won’t they provide a labour only service? It’s not like you’re providing vital components and they don’t want to warrant against failure (clutch/pumps/injectors etc) - if its all brand new and sealed service items worst case it doesn’t fit and that’s your problem not theirs and will be chargeable for their inconvenience. I’ve taken my own oil etc to a garage before and they just add ‘as supplied by customer’ to the invoice to absolve themselves of responsibility for anything that’s incorrect.

I agree, doesn’t make sense to me. Even the main dealer in Watford is willing to do a labour only service (just that their rates are very high).

There’s a Mazda dealer in Watford - have you given them a call? You could also ask them if they will give you a discount for being an MX-5 Owners Club member. I’ve used the Twickenham dealer and they have fitted parts I’ve supplied.

Im from Hemel Hempstead and these are my go to people
https://japex.co.uk/

Ive been using them for years they’re really good.

Thanks but they wouldn’t use my supplied oils and filters (despite being the Mazda recommended ones)… and quoted me more than Mazda Watford (because they wanted to supply everything).

Yes that is what I ended up doing. Paid a very high labour rate (around £150 per hour) and they charged 2.5 hours to do the whole service - but they used my supplied oils and filters.