MX5 Interiors

Mine, as it stands right now. 1996 S-Special:

Nardi Classico, hand polished spokes
KG Works gauge surround
1990 Factory option “Driver” seats, stripped and refinished
Early carpet fitted
Modified tombstone for console delete
Transmission tunnel formed from passenger footwelf of a spare carpet set I had
Zoom Engineering shifter ring, ILM gear boot, unknown teardrop stainless steel shift knob, MX5 arts handbrake boot, MX5parts handbrake button, KG Works handbrake handle
Toggle switches ofr power windows, wired though a Wolf Miata auto window closure box, giving me one touch up and down, both windows.

To hide the filler and boot levers, I used a MX5parts behind seats towage pouch.

What about yours?

2 Likes

Why not…

1 Like

1995 UK 1.8i

Nardi wheel, centre console delete (diy), Jass gear-lever boot, no radio, leather clad tombstone and binnacle, AFR, oil temp, oil pressure gauges, oil pressure warning light, Jass toggle switches for hazards and pop ups.

2 Likes

Why not indeed.

Original seats replaced as the fabric was very worn and shabby, finding G-Ltd seats s/hand is like looking for hen’s teeth, a pair of 10AE seats sourced which are blue with black leather.

Driver’s seat has aftermarket heating elements installed so nice and warm on a winters day, passenger seat as normal as other half does not use them even in her own car.

Seats have head rests so no speakers but later type of wind blocker fitted, the version with additional speakers as the wiring is all present under the carpet/seats.

Walnut dash trim fitted, yes I know it is not real wood but I have always liked the look of wooden dashboards.

Stereo now has a boot CD changer sourced locally off eBay for a £1 and it was full of CDs.

Clock, voltmeter, vacuum gauge, interior & exterior temp, fitted in centre consul above radio.

Speedo replaced with a UK version and mileage corrected from km to miles, oil pressure gauge also swopped out at the same time so now moves, although not sure how accurate it is.

Fog OEM light switch installed rather than DIY version, and combined front lamp/HRW switch installed.

Dash cam, GPS (which verifies speedo change}, central locking and new mats completes the work so far.

1 Like

Had to swap oem cd player, but still have it, thinking of Sorn till its all over.

Hi. Mx5 NB 1.8
Mine yet to be done - and fed up with the basic interior light as shown

Thinking of putting indifferent dials, ie Lockwood or- Rev limiter or some sort of retro- interior led and couple of footwell lights - boot led etc Seen quite a few ideas - but not enough pics on NB models.
Already changed standard original wheels though.
Current standard courtesy light pic - because new led type don’t fit.

So, I’m planning to get a Jass Little Devil short console in leather with toggle switches for electric windows - this would be for my 1991 red mk1. Anyone got one? It does look great on the website, but is (as ever!) the most expensive option!

1 Like

Not actually too much done here to my Sport Tech but I really like the ”look” :+1:

Carbon Miata red stitch/black vinyl overlay flooring with deluxe floor mats in red.
Royal Steering Wheel, flat bottom with black plain leather/perforated leather and red stitching.
Revlimiter white custom dials, red needle tips, chrome needle caps.
SeatSurgeons black leather/red diamond stitch seats/door cards and plain black leather/red stitch gaiters.
Alloy ball type gear knob (now changed back to OEM )
Single din radio conversion (Bose delete)
Chrome fascia vent rings.
Ahura Mazda horn push.
RX8 wiper stalk swap.

Barrie

3 Likes