MX5 LEGEND NEEDS OUR SUPPORT SCOTTISH FIVER

Continuing the discussion from Adrian Flux - simply avoid:

Good to see you back on the forum :+1:

Thanks. Big C in remission for time being…trying to make the most of the timel granted to me by the Forth Valley NHS .That will be decided in the end by Mother Nature but I do not dwell.
At £48k per annum medications(!) it would be churlish not to try! Heart stable as well thanks to complex meds…for now. And I’m a cheap date at Oncology apparently! Shocking. :dizzy_face: Thats one thing AF could not Quote me Happy! :laughing:

8 Likes

Hope I’ve done new topic

MX5 Legend needs our support ??

In my world ‘Adrian Flux’ Posts are ‘so minor’ in comparison

Pretty miffed with you keeping this to yourself [kinda knew something amiss but respected your privacy]

But Sod that for a Game of Soldiers !

:muscle:

Very kind thought, but I must say everything that can be done with modern applications is being done. Iv’e a good family, and great dedicated physicians who tell me I’ve beaten some odds with a good dose of positive mental attititudes. I’m 72 in June. and believe me a lot better than many in the waiting rooms…I really dont know how some of them swing their legs out the bed.

Today I’ve been gardening, fit and well, going out for dinner this evening, after which quite a few Malts are in for a fright. Life is good. We just have to accept we are all one of Nature’s disposable Life Forms…and enjoy what we have until we cannot.

I’m estimated to have sbout the same as a good Mk1 cill job left in me…so I’ve settled for that. Main thing is not to fear anything and treat each day as special. Just booked a holiday, and will book another wben we come back. Off to Glencoe tomorrow with a picnic. The Swift Sport Hybrid Turbo is a tremendous method to zip around the twisties.

There’s nowt anyone can do for me than what is being done…I’ve even knocked a dangerous Viking Blood disorder ( very common genetic Celtic issue dating from migration of tribes many centuries ago into Scandanavia/ Vikings.
Its run for the hills by getting a pint a month out my arm. Needles dont bother me…they become routine…nor do I bruise easy. I’m doing so well, my appointments are now scaled back to quarterly and 6 monthly now all the stuff has been given a jolly good kicking.

Anyway…Life is Good. Thanks for the sentiment but if anyone wants to PM a situation they are in, I’ve developed good ears and a lot of knowledge.
Did not know I was LEGEND… thought that was the Mk1!
Bruce the MK1, as I savvy it, is in the hands of a nut & bolt specialiast restorer in Essex or something so he will live on well past me!

15 Likes

Inspirational - thank you for sharing. You deserve a lot of credit for your positive attitude and pragmatic approach, and I mean that sincerely. Keep on enjoying yourself and please share some of the adventures with the Swift. Plenty of us have and enjoy other cars besides our 5s.

All the best

5 Likes

Best thing I did the Swift is. It’s ludicrously quick for what it is, 2/3/4th gears it punches forward with zerofront wheel scrabble or torque steer. Some have been recorded at 6.7 seconds…Mmmm…OK then. The 1400cc Sport has a different chassis from the 1.2 soft Hybrid Indian built jobs.
Certainly I can chuck it into bends and floor it safely in the dry…have not had it out in the wet yet. Massive brakes…right up there with my former 2002 Sport Big Braker. No pitch for and aft and pretty much zero side soggy. And…44 mpg! On 99 octane though.

All in all, what an utter peach of an engine…typical revver form one of the wordls best Big Bike manufacturer but we are all warned to give it fresh 0=20 oil for the turbo bearings ( if used/preowned) every 4 k odd. Sound familiar? I’ve got to make sure I snatch next gear at 6k rmp before the limiter as it is a bit mental and goes around the counter in a heartbeat.

Urban? Easy. The torque from the self charging 48 volt hybrid hauls it around using less than 2k, so town stuff is a dawdle. SWMBO needs more practice on the leccy though…fair play…she drives it like her Sport still…wholly unrequired. It’s difficult to savvy how it pulls clean at such low revs…buts its not the petrol crank at work.

Probably the best chassis I’v e ever had under me TBH…including both the 5’s but there’s 3 decades between the basic design. They are a stupid used car price though…and so far Suzuki have not released info of the 1400 2024 model…yet. Only thing is they too have a very ltd colour chart but at least they did a nice Yellow…bu the alloys look like cheap Halfords bin covers! And there are far too many silly leccy toys TBH…eg Lateral G force monitor!
I’d have loved a wee bit turbo wastegate fizz pop PHeeeewwzzzzzz for 23k…but its all been engineered out!

1 Like

Last Thursday I was on my way to Leeds to buy a 22 plate swift sport in pearlescent white , it was a beauty with 8k miles , :sunglasses:
As I passed a KIA garage a spotted the new XCEED, so called to view it :nerd_face::nerd_face:
I drove away with a 23 plate XCEED GT LINE in spirit green :open_mouth::open_mouth:
:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:
The SSS is a great car :red_car: I had a 66 plate few years back …. Enjoy :wink:

4 Likes

Good to see you back! I’m a C survivor, and know the value of positive attitudes.
Live live to the fullest - each day is special as you wisely say.

The past is history. Tomorrow a mystery. Today is a gift - that’s why it’s called the present!

All good wishes.
E

5 Likes

Another survivor.

Good to see you back :+1:

1 Like

Lovely to see you back Scottishfiver, sorry to hear about the big C but very glad you appear to be on the front foot with it and looking at the bright side of life, sounds like the Swift helps with that.

2 Likes

Hi Scottishfiver,
Great to see you back - we have missed you!
So glad that you are doing well. :+1:
JMK

2 Likes

Sometimes the big C chooses the wrong person to pick a fight with.

£48k per annum in meds sounds a lot but like a good NA cill job it’s money well spent.

I’ll raise a wee dram this evening to the next time we meet. :grinning:

3 Likes

“Did not know that I was LEGEND…thought that was the Mk 1”

Nah…It’s the Mk 2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gonna add ‘Living’ to ‘Legend’

[ditto re abnormal blood :handshake: and should have died on a few occasions as child but still here aged 66yrs in April]

Because you have to say Foxtrot Oscar to these things

As you have done and are doing AND still helping others by sharing your experiences re health as you shared with your knowledge and experience re the MX-5

:vulcan_salute: :saluting_face: :hugs: :heart:

2 Likes

Nice hear from you again Scottishfiver, back on form and fighting fit👌

1 Like

Good to hear from you Scottishfiver and glad to hear you’re enjoying your Swift. I had a close encounter with the infinite last summer, it certainly focuses the mind. Enjoy every day. :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.