MX5 Mk1 Full Tonneau Cover.

I have 2 MX5s, one has to go, as I have previously stated; a S-Special 2 and the S-Limited. The S-Limited was on display in the For Sale section. If you want to buy it, the asking price “as is” is OIRO £4750, make me an offer.  When I get around to it, a proper ad will be up. The show “cars for sale” was a bit of a waste of time really (a long shot considering most people already had the MX5 of their dreams), but I had a nice parking spot.

Thanks to the Rally, I now have two sets of OE mats, one set for each car, and two sets of OE window protectors, as well as the aforementioned tonneau cover.

Yep.  Precisely three cars for sale when I walked past.  Didn’t think about the S-Ltd being yours.

No, won’t be making you an offer.    I have enough to be going on with.

OE window protectors?  You mean for the rear screen when the hood’s folded down? 

Yes, Mazda supplied vinyl/soft material, with velcro tabs.

For reference, what seems to be a Mazda UK supplied full tonneau will not fit a 1.8 Mk1, without the cockpit brace being removed. The brace prevents the seats from being sufficiently angled back to clear the tonneau. If you want a full tonneau for a 1.8, you either need to forgo the brace, or source the tonneaus with built in headrest pockets (ie. ex-Moss).

Found this full cover on ebay a year ago. There were no fixings with it, purchased the Tenax dash nipples okay and made the door mirror fixings from plastic sheet and press studs.

Hell, I was just about to add a post;  I have just bought a brand new Robbins tonneau cover from the US via their UK agent European Trimming Co.  I have just fitted it as attached, see photo.  The cost was £422 including VAT, duty and shipping.  It is a very good product. 

I used to own one when I had the mk1’s. It was the type where you needed to lay the seats back for it to fit. I had roll hoops on the particular one I bought it for. A local company that makes custom boat covers, sewed two pockets into it to accommodate both the seats in upright position and the roll hoops. It fixed along the sides by plastic strips that slid down into the top of the door bolsters and the window. Went to work with it one day and someone commented that I looked like one of those Airfix kit “half man” aircraft pilots  In the end, I sold it on.

Barrie

Hello,

I have been trying to reply to these posts with a photo of the brand new tonneau cover I have bought from Robbins in the US via their agent in the UK, European Trimming Company.  Bought for £422 and fitted now. I am very pleased with it.  If someone can tell me how to attach a photo, I will.  If I follow the instructions, I get a long message about the trail to the picture and the site crashes.

John.

Have a look in here

https://mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst110647_New-Photo-Tutorial-2018.aspx