MX5 MK2 1.8S 1998 (R) [UK Car, 2 Owners from new, 38K] - New MOT FEB 2022

1. The car I’m offering for sale is an [MX5 MK2 1.8s 1998 / R]
  2. The car is located near Wolverhampton
  3. The price is £3500

I have owned this car for about 8 years, I purchased it from a retired doctor (1st owner) who kept it garaged, he told me the only time it came out of the garage was to be washed, hence the very low mileage. I think when I purchased it, it had 34k on the clock.

I only use it during the summer, as I have another car and a work van and its kept either in my garage or at work in my factory unit

I don’t believe there are many cars of this age / mileage and condition available now

It hasn’t been modified in any way other than the chrome hoops I fitted behind the head rests, but I still have the original wind deflector in the boot. In addition I have a fifth matching alloy wheel.

The car is completely original, still has the original stereo with face off storage box and the original tonneau cover in the boot

Since I have owned it, I have had a

• New clutch
  • Cam Belt / Water Pump
  • Mohair Hood (Paul @ The Soft Top Shop did it)
  • new brake callipers (due to lack of use)
  • ABS Sensor
  • Gearbox top gator
    *New CAT

Its has a good MOT history and has no advisories that relate to the dreaded rust

The car has now been MOT’d (February 2022)

the body work is in good condition considering its age, it isn’t showroom condition but with a little TLC could be very close, At the end of 2021 I had the sills done as there was a slight sign they were beginning bubble and I wasn’t prepared to sell it like that, I have photos of the repairs carried out and showing the inner sills are fine

This car really does drive like a car that has only done 38k

I would love it to be owned by someone who will love it like I do, the only reason I am selling it is I don’t use it and it needs to be used. I promise myself every year I will use it more, and don’t due to work commitments.

Sadly the CAT was stolen at the end of last year when parked on my drive, but this has now been replaced with an aftermarket one from MX5PARTS and passed the MOT with no issues at all

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system to contact me.

2 Likes