Mx5 Mk3 - Reprogramming used key

Hi Robbie,

I think that’s probably the correct assessment / most likely candidate, and looks potentially a feature of forscan 2.3.33, although another thread claims it is fixed in that version. I will try v 2.3.34 at the weekend, and if that doesn’t work will try to get hold of v 2.3.4 or raise on the forscan forum.

Very useful discussion on here, thanks everyone.

On the dot Robbie, Remote Key Entry :ok_hand:

Alternatively, you could try unplugging the RKE module, (that I believe is actually the module for remote door opening but is being incorrectly identified), then try with Forscan again. I considered this when I ran into that issue. I think the module is located in the passenger footwell area.

Neil

Thanks for your help everyone.

I’ve got something working with v2.3.4 beta, now I have managed to programme the key to start the car - success I thought…

But the remote buttons are not working on it. The key will start the car, the lights on the fob light up when you press the button, but the car won’t lock / unlock / open boot.

Any further thoughts anyone please?

Getting there!

Programming the transponder to permit the key to start the car is a separate process to pairing the remote access fob.

Have a view of this YouTube video which covers the fob pairing routine.

Registering Keyless Entry Transmitters NB & NC

1. Shut all doors and remove key from the ignition switch
  2. Open drivers side door
  3. Insert key into ignition, switch ignition on and off 3 times.
  4. Close then open drivers door 3 times (all doors should lock then unlock)
  5. Press unlock button twice on the transmitter (doors lock then unlock to confirm)
  6. Press unlock button twice on all other transmitters to be registered to the car (doors should lock and unlock to conform each transmitter registered)
  7. Switch ignition on to cancel set-up mode.

I could be right in thinking you have to remove the key after Action3
Action 4 is most easily achieved by pushing the interior light switch in the door aperture to simulate door opening and closing.

JS

Thank you all,

That worked on about the 3rd attempt! All sorted now.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

On to the next challenge now. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes