Mx5 mk3 UK fibreglass wing manufacturer?

My model of MX-5 is: mk3.5
I’m looking for a uk manufacturer of fibreglass mk3 front wings, had a look on google and can’t find any. Surely there must be someone who makes them?

Dave

Probably not available in UK? Carbonmiata fibreglass £550 delivered a pair. For comparison, Mx5Parts steel, £290 delivered a pair, (genuine Mazda too!) Paint and prep similar costs I reckon. I appreciate that doesn’t help you though. Do you mind if I ask why you want fibreglass anyway? Apart from the weight saving that is.
Barrie

I was only curious about fibreglass as the front wings are prone to rust. Years gone by it was easy and cheap to get fibreglass. Carbon miata is a no for me lol

Right, it’s funny how things change isn’t it? The correct items are significantly cheaper these days than the aftermarket stuff! :slightly_smiling_face:
Oh well, good luck in your search. TBH, I’ve purchased carbonmiata products over the years and found them to be very good :+1:. If not available from UK manufacturer, then only options are to go further afield. Nothing wrong with genuine parts fitted and painted properly though.
Barrie

An Alfasud Sprint I had fitted with fibreglass wings and you could tell, the didn’t fit properly they looked horrible.
When I had the car resprayed I fitted genuine metal wings which fitted properly and the later model plastic arch liners and lashings of waxoyl!

I am old enough to remember Post Office Morris Minor vans with rubber wings, they didn’t rust either.

1 Like

Some of the MK2 chaps who obviously are just one up on the ecological scale from an amoeba are fitting grp wings to theirs. Get this though, the are not replacements but new ones that stick over the top of the old ones. Can’t wait to see one in real life.

Hello dss199
Give Roddisons Motorsport a call 0114 244 5300. Ask for Paul (Rodders).
Paul had carbon fibre doors when he raced MK3’s, not sure about C/F wings.
Cheers
Keith