MX5 mot has picked up this problem

I’m sorry I think I managed to get something posted ,
I am looking to buy a MX5 but the latest MOT says there is rust as above. Does anyone have any idea of what it would roughly cost to sort this please. It’s not failed but would like to sort. I’m buying as a surprise for a family member who loves these cars. It’s a private sell and the seller says he has no idea how much it will take to fix.

Most I looked at had at least some corrosion on the subframe and suspension components, even low mileage very clean newer mk3s. It could be that the mot tester is fussy and another mot guy that knows the cars may not have even mentioned it, or it could be that it is bad enough to warrant highlighting. Probably best to put some pics up if they are available for people to give their opinions.

Here’s an example of a car that I looked at, didn’t buy,. It was a 2010 car with 2 previous owners and was up for 10995. It had a clean mot but as you can see an mot man could have decided to mention all of this at any point which could be a deal breaker for a potential buyer…

Thanks for this. I’m an oap and clueless on cars and internet. I wanted to buy a a surprise for my son. Perhaps I need to get someone to look at it for me xx

The suspension arms and subframe could be sorted by having a dinitrol treatment done - this would protect it for some years to come. Prices from £400 depending where you are.

The brake pipe ferrules can be done in a couple of ways - use a rust converter to cure what is there.
OR - fit a hose set.

Thank you so much for this. Finally getting the hang of the forum. That’s so helpful. Thank you

These advisories are indicative of the start of a much bigger problem. The corroded front subframe might just be something that could be sorted by a Dinitrol treatment but MX5s rust from the inside out and there are lots of concealed areas that even Dinitrol ML can’t reach.
I would get the AA to do an inspection before buying. MX5s are great wee cars but they have a really bad reputation for rust.