MX5 Nc day I reverse camera

Need a little help installing a reverse camera to the sayno Tom Tom unit.

Unsure what wire I need to attach the reverse camera to?

do these pics help trace the wiring? you can see which is the “AV IN” port, I assume that is the camera in and the wire colours.

satnav_connectors2

Hello thank you for your help, it’s the red wires shown below I’m unsure about?

The red wires are the +12V supply for the camera, usually taken from the Reversing lamp, and usually there is a barrel connector for the power and its ground going to the camera, as well as the yellow phono connector for the video. I used the very cheap Votteo camera on my Mazda3, but none of the interconnect wiring supplied in the kit because that car already connected the signal and power to the hatchback lid.

These slightly misleading (connector confusion) pictures from the web page suggest how they might be usually wired

They suggest splicing the red wire to the +12V supply or each other or something, but always inconvenient.

When I fitted the parking sensors on my NC I took the +12V (red) and 0V (black) from the reverse lamp socket wiring - with a bit of careful soldering to the actual pins.

Cheers

I have the camera all wired up to the power and ground, the yellow is plugged into video input.

However the Sayno didn’t switch over to the camera and I have a lose red wire that should plug into the stereo?

That’s the bit I’m stuck at.

See this link for a pdf showing the typical wiring to the reverse camera for Mazda with options for 6volt cameras and 12V cameras - different connections used.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=2ahUKEwi-0qWUgZvoAhWLT8AKHYuOATwQFjAEegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgermeslab.com%2Fuploads%2F866321.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0KEoUh5TYRBPlrE3ctVI8h

HOWEVER, it says not compatible with NVA-SD8110, which is most likely what you have!

They mention a grey wire as activation (ie reverse light), but that is again on a different head unit, but might still be on a pin (unknown) of the main power connector.

They suggest the 12V camera red wire should be powered from the ACC fuse, IF the grey wire is used to switch the screen. So two wires going to and from near the camera, red and grey.
It might be easier to use the red wire from the camera power (ie from reverse light lead) to go to the grey wire switch input IF this is your head unit.

I found a site listing all the manuals for the head unit including installation and service, BUT it tried to dump onto my browser a coin-miner (blocked by Norton) so I’m not mentioning the link.

Sorry not to be of more help. The Mazda Sanyo Tomtom seems to be a bit of an awkward device.