MX5 NC1 Cheap GT Wing Spoiler

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC1
  2. I’m based near: Bristol
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: A GT Wing Spoiler

Hi All, I’ve been thinking about getting a GT Wing spoiler ever since I got my NC1. I realize it will get a bit ricer-y but oh well :smiley: . The car isn’t in perfect condition so I’m definitely not looking to spend a fortune on the best parts.

I’m considering the following at the moment and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or an alternative recommendation:

1. VEVOR VEVOR Universal GT Wing Spoiler 135CM Lightweight Aluminum Rear Spoiler Wing Adjustable Angel Double Row Racing Trunk Spoiler BGW Drift JDM Drift Black Universal Spoiler (53" Double deck) | VEVOR UK
  2. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005111003616.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.54b138damIqSSf&mp=1
  3. VEVOR VEVOR Universal GT Wing Spoiler 110CM Lightweight Aluminum Rear Spoiler Wing Adjustable Angel 43"Single Deck Racing Trunk Spoiler BGW Drift JDM Drift Black Universal Spoiler | VEVOR UK

The thing to realise with wings, is that with the added downforce on the rear, it will need balancing onto the front with a splitter that will pull the nose down. Otherwie you’ll end up with a light fronted car and turn in will be a nightmare.

Having spent a few thousand on a 911 wing - I can tell you that it will pay to get something of good quality - there a good spoilers with proper aero for the 5, that can be had for about £500.

You really dont want something that fits into the centre of the boot, it really wants to attach where the boot opens or wider

Look at DCN performance and get an agressive ducktail if you dont want to add splitters etc.