MX5 Preference

Hi Everybody,

Couldn’t see a forum post on this particular subject so just thought I would throw it out there for general thoughts and hopefully positive feedback…

I’m in the market for my first MX5, and after viewing a number of older mk3 models that had general good and bad points, I’ve since decided to up my level in terms of outspend for a relatively newer model with less risk! (he says)!!

So in short, two particular cars have caught my eye, both 2013 models 2.0i Venture Edition (Black) & 2.0i Kuro (Black) both PRHT - 6 month Warranty - same type of money as well. I’ve since compared rigorously the specifications and my observations being not a lot in it.

Keen to learn like minded opinions!

Mike

1 Like

I personally would go for the kuro, based purely on aesthetics :rofl: I’m not keen on the brown seats in the venture

The two are pretty much the same spec Bilsteins, LSD, cruise control 17 alloys etc…
Kuro comes with Bose system the Venture a navigation head unit and different colour options. All Kuros come with the dark painted alloys, some (I notice) Ventures come with the special Venture alloys in 2013, the Sport Venture (2014) definitely does.
I looked at both models before buying my current NC, liked both models and very close to buying one or the other but I got distracted to something else.

2 Likes

Lol :rofl: :man_shrugging:

The usual mantra applies; you buy a MX5 on condition not spec. These are both now quite old cars. The main consideration is not what colour seats they have, but whether they have rot or rot starting on the non-shiny side.

I agree, I can’t see past the brown leather, not for me!

I would say the Kuro

1 Like

The brown leather works with the grey Venture. It’s ok with the black, but rather clashing with the copper red or blue (as is the brown soft top). The strut brace and wheels are worth having.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.