Mx5 rf 30 ae

1. My model of MX-5 is: 30 ae
  2. I’m based near: Chelmsford
    I am relatively new to the posting on the forum, although i have been a member since 2019.
    I have recently fitted some replacement wheels to my 30ae for no other reason than i want to keep the expensive Rays in pristine condition, and i am a bit paranoid ever since we had a set of alloys wheels stolen off our old ford street ka back in 2004. I got the wheels OZ Ultraleggera 7Jx17" Tyre Bundle - Matte Black × 1 from bbr and had the tpm valves fitted. The wheels are a straight fit without spacers and the tpm’s automatically registered to the car.
3 Likes

They look a really good retro fit , glad you didn’t go for chrome :wink:

Look similar to the ones you have taken off I presume. Do the ones you took off have an orange ring? If so, you can get some alloy wheel protectors that you can probably get in orange. Never tried them, but may be worth a look?

No, no orange ring on the originals

You have some body work mods Alan , have you done anything to the engine ?

Do I spy, with my little eye, a classic in the background perchance?

No, no classics here

The ND is a “21st Century Classic” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice wheels but surely it would have been cheaper to get wheel locks? The crims would only be able to flog them to another AE30?

My Rays are no longer pristine…:cry:

I just thought, long term, considering the cost of the Rays wheels, that it would be a good idea to run cheeper wheels. I’ll put the Rays on occasionally.

1 Like