MX5 vehicle related personal plates!

I have my initials but it starts with K12 for a BMW bike I owned for many years. I’ve seen 2 near where I live - MX52JEM and MX54Jem - both of which I would :heart:

1 Like

Letters are my initials whilst the first part indicates that 58 years ago I was 21!

2 Likes

sort of mx5 related , its my last name ( BALL) and name on this MX5 forum ( BALLY 3 )

2 Likes

Mine came with this…

More suited to an BMW M5 really.

Been thinking about selling it to fund suspension upgrades…

1 Like

Is that cat allowed to perch on a lovely ND! Haha

1 Like

Although not an “MX-5” plate, it does relate my initials and birthdate to my wonderful ND2…

Yep! Contrary to urban myths a cat does not scratch a car because it’s claws are retracted! No scratches on either of mine. If a car has claw scratches on it then they’re caused by an animal with non-retractable claws such as a dog, fox, badger, squirrel etc… Kitty regularly sits on mine, especially when the bonnet is warm after a drive.

3 Likes

But… do their claws come out for extra grip if they feel themselves sliding down a steep sloping bonnet or roof, of when they use the car bonnet as a springboard to jump up onto the neighboring fence? just wondered as I don’t own a cat but often see their paw prints on the roof and bonnet of my car, usually the day after I have washed it , along with splodges of seagull porridge poo :weary:

1 Like

His ‘n’ Hers

11 Likes

I do get muddy paw marks, but they just rinse off, if Kitty does start to slide she just jumps off, also she’ll jump form one car to the other, or onto another perch and she seems to know automatically that she won’t get a grip on a hard, shiny surface so the claws stay retracted, now if it were textured that would be a different matter. So I suppose it’s cat of a cat’s “programming”, if it hard don’t bother 'cos you’ll only break your nails! Yes, I do have to watch her if see eyes up the soft top, lovely stuff to dig her claws into, but she hasn’t done so, yet.

2 Likes

That’d sell well to a Beemer fan…

MX51 WOW and HJ51 CON (HJ my initials, 5 can be construed as an S and the 1 as a I and put together with the CON makes it an ICON as it is.)

Here ARE mine. Pedantic is my middle name, but if you’re going to show us you own two (late model) ‘5s, you should get your grammar right :smirk:

1 Like

Whoops! :hot_face:

This thread has given me a few ideas for a plate to go on my project NA, currently has K335 LUA.

I have a personal plate on my ND but like a few others this isn’t MX-5 related instead it is a family affair linked to our last name, Prossor.
I have PR04 SOR and before anyone mentions, my dad has the perfect plate (PR05 SOR), mum has PR08 SOR on her NC and my brother has PR03 SOR.

This is the most recent shot I could find with a few of the plates in from before I replaced my NC with the ND:

2 Likes

Hi Folks,
I have got M400 RSL on one of my Rs Ltds
The other one has M27 RSL the chassis is NA8C-300027 also an Rs Ltd running ITBs @ 169 Bhp
All to do with the car not me !!

Just match my wife’s name

4 Likes

We’ve had this on our previous Mk1, Mk2 now the current. My initials with the L being my wife’s initial, her favourite number, she liked the 700 as 7 is her favourite number.
We’ve had a few comments like, wow that’s in good nick for its age, some not in the know thought it was actually a 1993 MY.

3 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes