MX5 vehicle related personal plates!

Wow. Your car is amazing!

1 Like

We have PJ02JUN on our 5, which stands Pat & John wedding day 2nd June , we also have PW02JUN on the Fiat 500 , that stands for Patricia Wheeler born 2nd June, and of course her wedding day.

2 Likes

Mine came with this personalised plate

It’s a bit of a mixed blessing in my opinion. It’s actually a Eunos and not a Mazda and she isn’t 1969/1970 and neither am I! When we’re at car shows (remember them?) lots of people have no idea she is 31 years old without getting a reference from her original G reg plate.

3 Likes

Its all in the name, but currently on our other car.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

My daily, but only done 3600 miles since last November.

3 Likes

My initials are DAB
By the way, these are my “MOT” plates; I have a duplicate set which have creative spacing, however they failed an MOT a few years ago.
Darryl

2 Likes

I have two pairs of plates with identically positioned screw holes. One for ‘road use’ and a set of ‘show plates’. Must be my age but sometimes I forget to put the legal ones on when I’m going out. Always seem to remember on MOT day though. Funny that…

3 Likes

Make / model / age (birthday present!)

4 Likes

The advantages of having a 3 letter name. I had this on my bike so chose the E18 as it was as close to symmetrical as I could find at the time.

2 Likes

Owned this 2 yrs ago

4 Likes

Bought my 2.0 Sport Venture a week before my dad passed away in February. So I found this plate in the summer as a reminder of his great life. It’s not his initials but this is the registration of one of the first aircraft he flew as a new commercial pilot in the early 1970’s.

The aircraft in question is currently on display Duxford and is the Bristol Britannia in Monarch Airlines livery G-AOVT

17 Likes

What a great way to remember your much loved dad… Lovely plane too the Britannia. Still can’t believe Monarch went either - is the sign of the times I guess…

1 Like

Yesss! Another one who lets their (great looking) cat sit on their car!!! :+1: :heart:
Great story too and a great memorial to your Dad!!! :+1:

3 Likes

Gives away my age maybe…

2 Likes

I went to the International Rally in Denmark 3 years ago and saw these three cars - these are the genuine number plates in Sweden. I chatted to the owner of the MX5 plate, it costs 7000 Swedish Krone for 10 years “lease” of the private plate, after 10 years you get first option to renew at the new (current) price. Additionally, you have to display the original registration number in the rear passenger window which is tricky in a MX5.
The MX5 plate was originally held by the Mazda importer in Sweden but when the importer closed down the business the number was released back into the “pool”. Lots of the MX5 club members were trying to get the number on a daily basis but this chaps daughter managed to get it and gave it her dad as a gift. Nice touch.

mx52
mx53
mx51

4 Likes

Great car, great cat, great reg.

Booked many holidays and flew many times with Monarch. In fact we only arrived back in the UK from a holiday in Lanzarote with them 6 days before they fell into administration. RIP Monarch and RIP your Dad. A fitting tribute.

:cry:

2 Likes

Incidentally any of you who have MX-5s which are natural cat magnets and are on Facebook may be interested in the group ‘Cats laying on Miatas’.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/820554902033931

This is my favourite -

5 Likes

Mine is:
MX5 4 MEL
My wife’s name is Melanie, it’s her car.

1 Like

Those kitties are on an ideal claw sharpening surface! :crazy_face:
I hope the owner knows that! :thinking:
Cute though!!! :heart:

3 Likes