MX5 World Record Attempt

I would love to be part of this please Cool

Quick Question can you have a passenger with you while attempting the record ?

1. Chris

2. Ady

3. Lizhosken

4. Slipp3ry333ery

5. KonceptDJ

I expect you can even have the mother-in-law.

That could be a UK record, But it’s a tad shy of the WORLD record… Click here.

As I understand it, there were no officials from Guiness World Records present at the Mazda 20th Anniversary event at Myoshi, so no record was set.

It also was not a procession, which it totally different from a gathering. We had 1,300 cars at Mallory Park.

http://www.mazda.co.nz/models/mx-5/awardsreviews/mx-5-guinness-record.aspx

1. Chris

2. Ady

3. Lizhosken

4. Slipp3ry333ery

5. KonceptDJ

6. Roadster Robbie

Hi,

Just checking the admission prices etc…

Admission is £10 and World Record is £15 so presumably you could get lots of mx-5’s attend the event but don’t pay the extra £15 so don’t get to be part of  the world record attempt??? 

Can you just pay for the world record attempt without the admission if you don’t want to do track events etc?  

Do you get anything for the £15, such as a certificate if a record is broken and if it isn’t broken then isn’t the £15 a waste of money??

I can understand why the admission and world record tickets are split so anyone in other cars can come along…

Just a few thoughts of mine…

Cheers

Jane

It’s not that at all Jane, we have to hire the venue for 2 days which is the admission charge and the getting Guinness to turn up is rather a large other cost.

While all things are possible I don’t expect many people to turn up and then not want to take part.

Thanks for the reply Nick,

I hope you don’t think I was being negative about the costs as they are minimal anyway…

I hope everyone who turns up will want to take part in the world record, it would be a great shame if people do turn up and don’t enter.  I’m sure we can do it… :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jane

I would never think that of one of the giggle sisters Smile

Nick, picked up the details for booking etc on the MOT site, but although it states the event is over the two days, I cant find anywhere that mentions what day the record will be attempted as I cant make both dates.

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

it is on the Saturday, Sunday is more hangover recovery Sick

Hi

Sent for my tickets about 2 weeks ago has anyone received there tickets yet

Andy

applied and paid for our tickets a week ago, only an email confirmation so far.

Hi

Just got an e amil saying the tickets will be sent out on Weds

Cheers Andy   

Andy101

mikeh492

If you sign up on

www.mazdaontrack.co.uk

I still have time to send tickets out.

Hi

Any body leaving from Peterborough or neraby and maybe can go togother if interested

Andy

Here are the award categories.

Best of MazFest

Basically the star of MazFest. Could be a car, a person or another reason.

Track Hero
MazFest 2010

Nothing to do with speed or even ability, but giving it a go and enjoying the experience.

The most in need of MX5 PARTS
MazFest 2010

Sub Category “How did that make it here award” Complete with £50 voucher from MX5 Parts

Best BBQ Award.
MazFest 2010

Judges could possibly be bribed with burgers and the like!  Whistling