Mx5tech diagnostic tool

1. My model of MX-5 is: __Eunos NA
  2. I’m based near: __suffolk
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __diagnostic tool

Hi, I’m interested to see if anyone has used the mx5tech diagnostic tool and what they thought of it? I’m looking at getting one so just wondered what your opinions were?

Thanks

I’ve got one and find it to be a very good tool. Mine’s quite old and I think there has been some updates since. It doesn’t do anything you can’t do with a bent paper clip, an analog multi meter and Google, but it does make the process simpler.

1 Like

Yep, would agree completely with RR.

A “nice to have” little toy too.

I just like the thought of the plug and play then it tells me what faults the car may have instead of counting light flashes the looking at that number then hoping I counted right!! Which I probably wouldn’t knowing me! Seems they are out of stock at the moment anyway so will wait until they receive some more stock.

1 Like

That about sums it up.

According to their website, there is a shortage of a critical chip or chips used in manufacture.
I did look at taking mine apart to work out what chips were needed but they are obviously not meant to be fiddled with:-) You would think it was a good time to offload a used item if no longer required; perhaps it was, I only paid £25 for mine.
I will say that things get very complicated reading flashes with the later MK1/MK2 4 stage error code display, especially when there are multiple codes. Best to video record from the start on a phone or camera for perhaps 2 minutes and then play back, ideally on a bigger screen.