My 2003 Mx5 Nevada

My 2003 Mx5 Nevada

?

there’s a link to click on to open pic is it not working 

Works for me, nice looking car  would have expected some wording about the car though, not just a picture link. Perhaps that’s what Gerryn referred to?.

Barrie

Looks a nice car but underneath problems are lurking.

May perhaps seem an assumptive comment from Raymond but Mk2.5’s in particular are assumed to be guilty of creeping inner sill, chassis rail, and rear wing corrosion ( often not entirely visible until it erupts) until proven innocent.

A brief dialogue about you car would be appreciated, given it means enough to you to post a photo of it.

I’ve only had the car a few weeks, don’t really know too much about it it has full service history and low mileage at 55 thousand. I don’t know a lot about these cars but would be good to meet up with some people that do. 

Excuse my poor choice of words gentlemen but on her last MOT this came up

• Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened o/s and n/s (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Integral body structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Suspension component corroded but not seriously weakened Front and rear (5.3.3 (b) (i))
  • Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge o/s and n/s (5.2.3 (e))
  • Rear Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge o/s and n/s (5.2.3 (e))
  • Front Brakes imbalanced requirements only just met. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (1.2.1 (b) (i))
         Brakes and tyre easily fixed but the surface rust on these cars has an unfortunate habit of becoming structural. This yea'rs advisory items become next year's fails. On a previous MOT rusty sills were noted but perhaps these have been fixed. As I said it looks nice but danger is lurking underneath.