My Eunos fundraiser and build

Thank for sharing that article, really interesting. The following particularly resonated with me

'Now, no such boundaries exist. Your 4,000 Facebook friends should know if you can’t pay your rent — or your plastic surgery bill. And who knows? They may just pay up.

There was a time when there were needs, and there were wants, and we knew the difference. Now?

Now I’m not so sure.’

The only person I knew with a car when I was a student was “Bruce” who was a larger than life builders son and prop for our university rugby team. He had a reliant robin 3 wheeler - the saloon one with fins not the fancy hatchback and he used to drive it from Liverpool to London to do labouring jobs for his dad. It believe it tipped over on a corner more than once.

I once helped a student with a tyre for her metro but she was at a motorway services trying to put tyre weld (which is all I think she had money for) into a tyre that had actually blown out - it had a hole in it the size of my fist with the wires sticking out.

Learn to keep it alive with whatever is going. It’s character building. I can still change a bearing effectively with a club hammer and a chisel and I’m proud of that.

I am learning what i can as i can, i do have duct tape available so i’ll be trying that to hold back the damage. You make a very good point as have others about maintaining with what you have. Thank you. I needed a car before uni and then took it down to uni with me due to a supposed house move by my mother during september/october.

hi Andrew, My dad had a Reliant Robin and managed to put it on it’s side twice. Two people could comfortably put it back on it’s wheels, with a little resin brushed in the cracks the fibreglass was as good as new.
Allen

Really confused about this rust damage.

The Gofundme shows a front wing, really rotted. Its taken years to get like that, not 6 months. £50 for a used one, £120 for a new one. Easy DIY fix,

The second photo shows the jacking point bent over. This can happen if someone has carelessly used a trolley jack on the lip, instead of the factory tyre jack, OR, the sill repair is a complete bodge, and someone has formed a lip by extending the outer “sill”, given the appearance of a jacking point, but in fact, the inner sill has just rotted away.

So this car has rotted front wings, and tinplate sills covered in filler? And none of this was apparent in July? Was the seller trade?

Well when i bought the car I checked the underside and wing sills and they looked and felt solid. My guess looking at the white layer under the paint its basic welding with filler then painted. which explains why the jack stands almost bent in to the body when i first went to jack up the car. however the front wing damage has got worse quickly over winter. It would seem the inner sills are far worse.

The seller was on Gumtree and he had the best reviews and the most experience turning around these cars over the last 10 years (as he advertised). I know when i replaced the speakers and tweeters the inside was damp so i them out and dried them, the inner doors looked fine when i did that.

Though the work may be more extensive digging deeper into it, I do not want to get rid of this one and buy another.

So Joe are you studying again as your Facebook page suggests that you have already studied at De Montfort University in Leicester?

yes that is right, i’m studying a subject i should of many years ago. Is it an issue i havnt updated Facebook?

Joe,
I’m sorry but I’m going to be candid here.
You are all over the shop with this thread on a number of levels.
What are you now 28/29 perhaps? Time to “screw the bobbin on”.
You ask…is it important to keep my FB up to date.
Well, if you are holding your mitts out for other people’s money towards your personal gain, the least expected would transparency ,be accurate, & fact-checkable.
Therefor “yes”…it is an issue as have been a few bullet points in a few of your other posts.
You seem to shape-shift from post to post.
It’s not a good optic…and believe me you are swimming as a little herring flapping around in a shoal of very “life experienced”, cynical, very professional, acutely intelligent , and business hardened “barracudas” who, trust me, have been very nice so far…
Think…

2 Likes

Thank you, but i feel i have been transparent, I have answered everything with the full information at my disposal. I’ve made changes to the fundraiser based on knowledge shared by you kind people in terms of actual real world costs and not a guesstimated quote.

I’m sorry if you think I’ve been lying or mistruthful in anyway, see with Facebook I barely use it past the mx5 buy and sell groups also ithought I set my page to private to stop the varying bots trying to add me so wasn’t expecting someone to find me and prefer to use twitter and discord. It’s no issue to update Facebook ofcourse, and will later.

Joe

I agree with Scottishfiver …too many doubts about your intentions so sorry but I will not be contributing to your fundraiser requests

I see thank you, I am surprised there are doubts about my intentions when I have been open and honest about the car and the fundraiser. I’m notwanying to change your mind here, but could you air out your doubts incase they are similar so I can clear up common doubts as I want to assure everyone I am being legitimate and not a scam or racketeering.

It’s not your personal integrity, not from me anyway.
It’s the lack of planning & presentation.
Hence the “clue” of “bad optics”.
I trained people for decades to deliver “service excellence though effective pre- planning”
An old now cliche mantra:

The 5 "P"s
Perfect
Planning
Prevents
Pathetic
Performance.

I used to charge lots of money for training programmes, but you can have that little out-take FOC.

I don’t see this thread progressing further in a positive way I think the topic as originally posted has been well discussed so I’m going to close it.

3 Likes