My first MK1 Eunos

Here’s my 1990 mk1 Eunos that I picked up two days ago. Coming from an e39, it’s definitely a different experience, but It’s absolutely brilliant! I’ve wanted one for a while, so with how they’re starting to appreciate and thought screw it, I need to own one now. It’s covered 83k, so pretty low but who knows if that’s genuine. The MOT history and paperwork suggest so though.

Time will tell if it was worth the purchase, but it’s a pretty solid one. Plenty of history, including what may or may not be the import documents or at least some of it, receipts for servicing, parts and all that good stuff. Supposedly, it has the original spot welds on the rear arches, but I haven’t got around to reading up on that yet to confirm. There’s so much information on these cars!

As far as plans for the car, I’m keeping it tastefully modified. I’m really not a fan of chrome, so the original green ones will be going back on. I wouldn’t mind finding the original Nardi gearknob n handbrake too. Undersealing is probably my priority at the moment. It is pretty clean underneath, but need to get a proper look and address anything before it gets out of hand.

I’m limited to one photo as a new user :frowning: The lens on my camera is cracked, so it isn’t a great one.

8 Likes

Welcome… and enjoy your newly acquired MX-5 :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice looking car that, enjoy! You defo need the original green mirrors back on though as you mentioned :slightly_smiling_face:

Lovely spec being green with Tan interior :ok_hand:

I also have a e60 545i sport so understand how raw these feel in comparison!

I’m usually pretty strict on interiors needing to be black, but I agree, the green and tan look great together. Yeah, it’s definitely not a motorway cruiser that’s for sure!

1 Like

Hi Sloth and welcome aboard.
Your car looks good in your photo and should certainly have potential.
I hope you share your adventures with us.
Enjoy your new ride. I hope the weather warms and the sun shines soon so that you can drop the top and enjoy it to the full :+1:

1 Like

Loving it so far. Will definitely be posting the adventures! I’m tempted to do the NC500 in the summer, so this might be my choice of car if all goes well. There are few issues to sort like the silicone around the windscreen and a sticky dashboard, but nothing major at the moment.

Welcome!
Great colour combination, cute car.

Hi Sloth,

How are you enjoying your MK1?
Did you do the NC500?