My new MX5- 4th one I’ve owned

My previous 3 MX5’s were all 1500s. This will probably be the last one I will have so decided to get the 2ltr.

Picked it up this afternoon. So far I’ve done 70 miles but the weather in the Peak District has been a bit damp so not had the top down yet.

9 Likes

Looks lovely. Soul red is my favourite. You must change cars frequently if you have had 3 1.5’s? What are your initial thoughts between the engines? Is the new one 160 or 184ps?

They are lovely in soul red, who cares about a bit of rain, i too have the 2ltr having never driven a 1500, be interested to see what you think…

3 Likes

It’s a 184. The most obvious difference is the extra grunt the 2ltr gives you. I have also found that the new suspension setup makes a big difference to cornering. The car stays much flatter through the bends. My drive home to Buxton from Stockport takes me up past the Cat & Fiddle which has some very twisty bits which were just amazing fun in the 2ltr.

4 Likes

That sounds great. It’s good to hear you are pleased with it. Mine is ‘only’ the 1.5 but gives me what I want/need as a 3rd car although the 2.0 is always in the back of my mind (maybe if a 35 anniversary ever appears with something special I may be tempted!). With such a large following now I wonder if there will ever be a designated soul red ND group as I know the true red NCs have!

3 Likes

I’m 70 in November so decided to treat myself.

I think this will be my last MX5 so it will have to “see me out”:grinning:.

The other contributing factor in my decision making was the thought that we are likely to see the end of petrol powered MX5s soon. The electrickery department will take over the MX5 and having driven a few all electric cars I find them to be fast but I’m afraid I find them soulless and they just don’t excite me.

4 Likes

You look well for 70 get on :sunglasses::+1:
Im 61 and was thinking the same.
Anyway i have exactly the same car same colour, they are lovely,is it a recaro, looks like it.

1 Like

Hi Holly, I think it’s the gin that keeps me looking younger, it’s the pickling effect :rofl:.

The car is an “Exclusive Line” from the 23 model line up, I think it broadly equates to a Sport Nax+ in the previous MX5 model range.

Gin :joy: .
Im really begining to enjoy my MX5, they are a lovely machine.

2 Likes

Apart from fuel efficiency, I wonder how the 184 SkyActiv-G and 184 SkyActiv-X compare? I assume the G is a bit more refined and needs a lot more revs?

The X is a physically big motor and may not fit in an MX-5.

1 Like

I am 77 and do not class any car as my last. My 2 ltr is the first of possibly several.
Pleased you like it.

3 Likes

Loving the positivity Beanbag

Looks stunning. I love my 2 litre. Feels planted and really fun to drive. Fingers crossed you get to see some sunshine soon!

1 Like

Sunshine and im stuck at work, staring out at my meeyattaa :grin:
Hopefully there will be enough residual heat for a roof down trip home this evening,and i may be lucky over the next two days for a potter about with the roof down.

Oooh look a flying pig :joy:

Lovely looking car! All those talking about giving up due to age–don’t! I’m in my 80’s still enjoying a Mk1.

Congratulations! That’s a super looking car, and you have lovely countryside to enjoy driving it in! :slight_smile:

David

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.