My Retro Inspired MK1 V-Spec

Hi all,

As I sold my lovely S-Limited at the end of last year and wasn’t looking to buy another 5, until one I previously restored came up for sale and I was offered first refusal on it. I just couldn’t say no being that I knew how good this Roadster was, being so solid, rust free and with some nice subtle modifications and a brand new mohair roof and immaculate hard top too. The car is lovely and original and only has 75k miles on the clock. I will hold onto this car for a while to enjoy!

Here’s a few pics😎

9 Likes

That looks an absolute beauty! Great stuff :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi. This topic magically appeared on the app and I’m glad it did. Your car looks splendid.
After almost a year since the last post I hope your car is still giving you miles of enjoyment.

I particularly like the look of those wheels.
Do you have any information on them please?

All the best,
Guy

Thanks very much Guy, it really is a lovely Roadster, one of my favourites as I’ve owned 17 mk1’s!
The wheels are alloy rims with steel wire spokes and are 14”. I think they give a nice retro look to the car.

I agree with you for sure. Were they already fitted to the car when you bought it?

Wow, 17! I’m looking for my first and would be delighted to land something similar - looks fantastic and particularly like the roof/body/interior colour combo.

1 Like

Yes they were, this is actually the second time of owning this roadster as I originally restored it and sold, then after five years I was offered the chance to buy it back which I couldn’t refuse as I knew what a great example it is.

Thanks pmba it’s my hobby restoring these cars!

I’m currently restoring a mk1 J-Ltd of which only 800 were produced. Last weekend I changed the engine due to its original having a worn crankshaft keyway. Put a new clutch on for good measure and full service.

Next up will be the welding work to the sills, followed by a brakes overhaul all round replacing all discs pads and fluid. The interior is all being put standard, I’m basically putting this car to how it left the factory to keep it lovely and original. Once completed it will be for sale if I can bring myself to let it go after all the work!

2 Likes

:+1: I’ll follow this thread with interest, looks great! Love the colour, but… my wife doesn’t and I know which side my bread is buttered… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve also got my one off Autokonexion wide body Fastback Eunos too that I’m building. Heavily modified and custom! Mechanically pretty much done just finishing the bodywork getting ready to paint now which takes a lot of time.

1 Like

Mmmmm