NA flip out head unit

Does anyone know if the NA DIN slots will take a single DIN flip out head unit? Am thinking that if I mount it in the bottom slot, it might not interfere overmuch with the HVAC controls, but am sure someone has tried…

Am wanting a simpler lower tech look than the double din units with the obvious big screen, and less screen = less security risk… but want CarPlay…

thanks for any help.

Yes they will ,but you will need something to fill the void underneath and help support the HU.

M-m

thanks - I was thinking of putting the unit in the lower of the slots, so that the screen would not then interfere with the hvac controls - anyone got experience of doing this?

If mounted lower, and with some sort ofn screen that slides out, isn’t that going to hit the gear lever. How often do you honestly touch the HVAC while driving?

You can also relocate the HVAC controls.

Lots of work.

as far as I can tell, if it comes out when I start up it’ll clear the gear lever in neutral. And as I tend to always have the top down I use the heater to keep warm and so do tend to adjust them a bit. Will look at relocating them as it may be easier - my measurements suggest that even in the lower slot the top of the screen will be in the way… thanks for the links tho.