NA Upper Control Arm - any real difference between ABS/non ABS

1. My model of MX-5 is: NA
  2. I’m based near: London
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Upper Control Arm

Hi, I need to change my upper controls arms … I have a non ABS car … on mx5 parts etc. I can only find stock for upper control arms for cars with ABS … are there any fitment issues with using an ABS control arm on a non ABS car (assuming the only difference is the ABS sensor bracket as I have read is the case on a NB)

If you look the MX5Parts stock photos on ebay, they show the handed mount underneath on the ABS front upper control arms. Non ABS are the same both sides but the ABS version is handed as mount on one side only. From a functional point of view no difference; just the extra mount. I notice there is 5% off at the moment on these ebay listings too which is nice.
MX5Parts have the non ABS MK2 front uppers listed but I think the difference between MK1 and MK2 is the balljoint dimension.

1 Like

thanks … ordered the ones with the ABS mount as the others were out of stock. having called MX5 parts as well and they said they fit just fine

the job is well underway … just about to restart assembly of all the new stuff that i painted and prepped… all my bolts etc were corroded on and i eneded up haivng to chop it all off with a saw, so by the end there were a pile of washers and cut bolts everywhere … so i went to look for a decent set of part diagrams and torque settings … i found everything online (jim ellis mazda website and miata.net)… but nothing in one place

so i created a document with both the parts and the torque settings in Metric which others may find useful

1 Like