National OC Rally 2021 Photos

Post them here.

A slightly damp to the day, minor mid-morning wetness, but overall the Sky Fairies favoured the MX5OC and owners. A good day out.

Good location, great cars (kind of odd to see the Le Mans probably being the most common limited edition Mk1 on show). As always, well done to the organisers. Roast My Ride was great.

17 Likes

6 Likes

A few from today, turned out nice weather wise after a damp start.:+1:

We had company at the hotel too.:+1:

11 Likes

Keep them coming folks !! :+1:

I didn’t take many to be fair, but without realising I seem to have a thing for the ND. Didn’t get to take my own NC, but certainly got lots of inspiration. :sunglasses:

i

7 Likes

Gf just got done editing some of her faves from the day, cracking day out with lots of build inspiration

7 Likes

Our first national on Sunday - had a great time.
Many thanks to the organisers for putting an event together in very challenging times and a shout out to the marshals and stewards for their hard work and good humour :clap:

7 Likes

Some awesome cars there.
I really like the Martini one and the Gulf one…

1 Like

Agreed, I think the Martini looks great but I still have such a soft spot for ‘Phil’, definitely the main reason I own Mx5s today and one day God help me I will do a rocketeer conversion myself.

3 Likes

Very enjoyable event at a great venue. Big thumbs up to the organisers, the marshals and all the other volunteers who made the day so special. THANK YOU.

2 Likes

Fab photos, thank you to everyone who has posted. I’ve never made it to a rally and on Sunday I was marshalling for a local classic cars event. So well done to you all for turning out in the rain and putting on a terrific display of our favourite automobiles!

1 Like

It was a great event, despite the weather. I spoke to some really nice people and Fuzz Townshend took time to talk to the show and shine entrants. What a nice guy! The icing on the cake was winning a trophy, which came as a big surprise considering the standard of the other cars. That pleased my 9 year old daughter no end!
Thanks to all who helped organise the event :blush: :+1:

6 Likes

Plus you beat Ian Cummins & Bluebird….no mean feat !!

1 Like

Yeah, that car is ultra clean. It would have been a different result if it had been a proper concours, but then we would have had all the classes (daily driver, modified etc.). The RS next to mine was very nice too. Strange that the RS got runner up in the Mk1 category but then got best in show.

I stand to be corrected but was not Best in Show selected by Fuzz Townsend independent of the other judges ?

2 Likes

Apparently, Mike, yours and mine were on the same score. Yours was the higher mileage so you got the win.
And yes Martin, as I understand it that was how my RS was chosen.

Steve

Ah, that explains it :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Steve! I don’t know how we got equal scores. Your original car is far nicer than my DIY rolling resto, something which Fuzz obviously noticed. Anyway, great to talk to you and well done on a well deserved win :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Thank you to Alex Kelly. :+1:

6 Likes