National Rally 2012 - The random chat thread!

Martyn,

I have written to you from my personal email address since finding your PM on my phone when I got into Gatwick this evening .

Once again, my apologies for any inconvenience caused and I have removed my original post.

Jim

Ian Patton has given me several varieties of map, I’ll have a look through my emails and see what I can come up with. It is a shame that there is only 1 copy of the Prescott scale map, and too large to photocopy.

Carol

I am fortunate to be having a run up this famous hill! Looking forward to it, surfboard will be attached just in case. Regarding a map of the course there are a fair few if you type into Google to search for it and also loads of videos on Utube of the course.

Forest of Dean (FoD)

a few of us took a run thru the FoD yesterday afternoon which included some of the roads on one of the runs for the NR
so, just to give people an idea of what’s in store, watch the vid above Cool

Great footage, I could almost feel the wind in my hair / smell the trees. Good to see a lead run keeping up such a brisk pace (where safe and legal of course).

Hi All,

I will be running up the Famous Hill in my Merlot.

I hope this will point everyone in the right direction and give people a guide.

Here is a link to a guide to the Prescott hillclimb course.

http://www.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk/pdf/pt.pdf

I have got an A4 map  Shown below,

I allso have a five page document showing the correct line through all the corners on the long course that will be coming with me on the day as it is a bit much to upload.

Copyright the Bugatti  Owners Club Limited

Hi,

Is it too late to get a ticket for the 2012 National hill climb, i will be gutted if I cant. I want to do the hill so much.

Oh the embarrassment of it all

We will not have finished the engine rebuild by 16th so;

I will be turning up to Prescott in my wife’s Kia Picanto shopping trolly with the club entry hanger on it’s mirror.

So if you see a red faced driver in a red Picanto, it’ll be me. Embarassed

Still it promises to be a great day.

For those of you that may be doing a run through the Forest of Dean around dusk/dawn or at night there are quite a few deer, sheep and wild boar roaming around so take it easy. They don’t abide by the Highway code!

I think they should charge you £5 entry just for doing that.Embarassed

Still we’ll easily recognise you Rolling eyes 

Have a good day all the sameThumbs up

Mick