National Rally 2016

Watch out for details shortly…

www.nationalrally.co.uk

Wahay - a dedicated website! Who do we owe that to?

Oooo saving this link.

Redundant post removed.

Ooh, would a go of the track be on the cards?

Most unlikely IMHO.

A point for IainF - I hope you’ve got a couple of marshals available to cover the A453/Melbourne Lane junction?

• It’s a tricky junction on a normally fairly busy road (The A453) and traffic is usually moving pretty fast.40 + mph.

Ditto at the Paddock turn, though not as busy as the A453. Also possible East bound A453 traffic will be heading towards the airport, so Marshals should keep that in mind.

While would be flyers are always advised to leave home early, we don’t want to be held responsible if someone misses a flight.

Gerry

The venue is also in action with 750 Club Racing over the weekend and there are going be shared staff on the day.
We may be using the paddock entrance or a dedicated one further west on Melbourne Rd, this is yet to be finalised with the venue, NEM team and site plan. Both have Pros and Cons but as ever getting vehicles off main roads and on site safely and quickly is top priority, this may create the need for dedicated routes to be followed to arrive at the Rally, but that will all be in the coming magazine in August.

While this will be the largest MX-5 event in the world in 2016 I don’t expect too many jetting in, but you never know, lucrative MX-5 hire business opportunity for a sharp eyed business person!

Track - remains to be seen what is practical, but there are going to be a couple of opportunities to drive at the event in the Area we have.

Do we have an update on when the website will become active, I have a link in my newsletter so people will be asking.

Thanks

The website is active now, but as it says, some details are or will be added when they are finalised. To be fair to Iain, it takes time to iron everything out, and Donny isn’t an easy nut to crack. Have patience !

No problem, I fully understand how difficult it is.

We are just trying to get members excited about coming and keeping them informed. It’s early days yet.

This is proving all too true,  they have now cancelled 3 meetings on us, I am getting pretty peeved now.

We have a lot coming together for this event and lots of discussion with Mazda at the weekend about the potential things happening.

I’m doing all I can to have everything ready for the next STHT, but the last edition has some information as does the one before.

Peter, this is Europe’s largest MX-5 event and there is going to be a lot happening at it and we are doing what we can to get something to the event, let alone the access to spectate at the racing too and members get in free, Have you taken one of the Area displays?

I had missed the area display post but will check with the team for level of interest. Stay tuned.

Hope you don’t mind the question cos I know everyone is working hard on this weekend.

Just wondering if there is any progress on negotiating entry to the F1 museum collection, either discounted or FOC?