National Rally 2017 - your Questions

Are there any Club Drives planned for Saturday to download ?

Sorry Alan, not this event. Resources are stretched beyond at the moment, I tried to find the drives from 2014, but sadly the links are all down, If I can find that once the information packs are all sent I will relink them here.

Anyone know how many are due to meet at Warwick services ? I guess as the services are less than 10 minutes away from the Rally site the convoy would still be there at around 10:00 ?

Hi StreetKa

What time will you be traveling down, I will be leaving from Yoxall, looking to meet up with GeriArtic as well, think I may take a cruise to the Warwick Services before going on to Gaydon.

Terry

Hi all - I am a new Owners club Member. I will be coming up to the national rally on sunday, but I have not yet received any sort of membership card. Is there anything that I will need to bring on the day to prove that I am a member, and will I be included in the ‘in field’ parking area at the event? I will be coming in my MK1 MX5.

Thanks!

Hi Billy

Depending when you joined - Membership are processing all the applications and renewals from the period up to Sunday night right now and all should be with those people in the next couple of days, up to this coming Friday. They are trying their utmost to process the surge in membership.

If you are joining from today then it is unlikely that your pass will be with you in time. However the gate will have a list of all the members who join this week and as long as you have some ID then this should be ok.

If you do not have a vehicle rally pass you will be directed to the second MX-5 parking, this cannot be overcome due to the volume of vehicles arriving.

I think the Warrick services are north of the exit to the museum so that’s fine if you are coming from the North but if you are coming from the South it will be a long detour to get back around to the museum. 

If you are coming from the south it’s roughly an extra 10 minutes from Junction 12 M40 to get to warwick southbound services - up to J13 and around the other way.

hope to get to the services around 10-1015 so hopefully there will be a good gathering still

Alan there are now three drives posted.

I am a non-member who is interested in going.

Will there be trade stalls with new and used parts there?

Anyone going from the Epsom area?

Thanks.

Berne

Yes there is trade stands.  It will also be a good time to join the OC.

Berne, there are a few travelling up from South central meeting at Bracknell with a further stop to meet others at the Oxford services. Details on the forum under the South Central area:

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst103662_South-Central-Drive-to-National-Rally-24th-Sept.aspx

Post there and/or PM to let me know if you want to join up with us.

I PM’d Berne with the same details Pete. Not had a reply though.

Hi all,

i picked up my MX5 this week and have now joined the club.  I’m local to GaydoN so I’m planning on coming to the national rally.  As I’ve not got my membership card will I be able to get access to the membership parking area and access to the museum?

Thanks all

Welcome to the club and forum