National Rally Sandringham

Ouch! Still, he did a GREAT job on my car. I was thrilled to bits with the transformation :slight_smile:

Just a short message to say Thankyou to all involved in making Sandringham such an enjoyable day.

It was well worth the 5am wake up and 200 mile round trip.

Thanks again,

Michael

Thank you everybody who made the Sandringham Rally such an outstanding event.

That Rolls Royce Merlin engine just awesome & the sound…

It was my first time in this area of Norfolk, impressed, I think we will take holiday there in 2014.

HS2 maybe, but surely the A17 needs upgrading first, some dual carriageway or maybe even some bends to

make it a bit more interesting.  Guess I’m spoilt based on the Lancashire/Yorkshire/Cumbria border.

Thank you very much indeed

Keith

Unfortunately we were unable to sort that one in time. Robbie can fix a Merlin engine, but the A17 is just too big a job Wink

Robbie and others…

Has anybody yet got the final figure of the number of MX5’s attending the Sandringham rally?

Whatever the figure add a half, need to include Brian & April’s The Original  CarBBQ

Keith

well, OK then its 1113.5

That’s cars clicked in, a car count around the event area, stands and comps cars but does not include any that managed to sneak in through the top gate which was supposed to be secured.>! 

It was my 1st visit to Norfolk and we will certanly be coming back. Thank you Robbie, Martin and all the Eastern Region Team for a fantastic event. It was worth the 700 mile round trip. Johns highlight was the Merlin engine, mine was catching up with friends and seeing so many smiles and gleaming cars. I loved the one in the Pheonix 5s area with flower effect bodywork. A great event.

Like G995, made the 200 mile round trip well worth it, (Will be keeping an eye out for u mate, clacton aint that big lol). Merlin sounded awsome as always. Was mine and the g/f’s first time to a rally of that size and to see the field just full of MX-5’s was something to behold.

One question did arise during the day though…“Wot, no hog roast?” lol

Serioulsy well done to all, will try to make it next year to Gaydon.

I’d like to add my congratulations to the ER Team for putting on a great event. I know what hard work and effort is required and you guys did the business. Well done Laughing

Ken Stanbury.  Northamptonshire Area Coordinator

Big thank you to all in the Eastern Region for putting on one of the best National Rally’s all the South East folk I believe had a lovely time, weather and venue excellent, rally dinner and magician excellent still trying to work out some of the tricks…

Well done one and all who had a hand in making this one to remember

Thanks

From the South East Area

Sarah Mazda Chick xxx

Yes, thanks to all of the hard working volunteers that made the whole day such an enjoyable time.

Coming from donkeys years of club motorsport experience I know how hard it is to get people to help out with these events.

Congratulations one and all. 

Roll on Brooklands and Gaydon.

Dee Pee

p.s. While we were up that way we took in a long weekend’s holiday. Southwold on the Friday and Saturday (Adnams, yummy) and after the show across to Wroxham for Sunday evening (Woodefords, yummy) and Monday morning before the drive back to Croydon in the afternoon.  645 km’s (Jap import !) and she never missed a beat. The car was pretty good too Wink

p.p.s Nice to meet up with you Nick (of Nick & Jane’s “Buccaneers” fame). Following our chat and your thoughts it looks like I will have to look for a late model Mk II now - wife power eh ?  She wants a white one mind you !  Cool

A phenomenal turnout; I think my first club rally, around about 2002, at Gaydon, was about 400 cars or so. We could still park by colour then. Just shows how far the club has come. In fact, even at the 2007 Rally, back at Gaydon, we could be accomodated. I doubt it now.

Andy,

20th Anniversary Rally - September 28th 2014 …

Gaydon Motor Heritage Museum.

There has been a considerable amount of work at Gaydon in the past couple of years and if you are in the area - you can see an incredible amount of development underway and by the time we get there next year the open space around the site is goign to be transformed.

Massive thanks to Robbie and the team for a great event at Sandringham, it was mine and Gav’s first National Rally and we will certainly be doing it again.

Chez

Must say Sandringham was one of the best rallys that I’ve been to. The one that does stick in my mind is Chatsworth but I think that’s probably just due to the wonderful view of all the cars from the access road on arrival. Don’t think anything could have been done better at Sandringham though. Superb job all round. The central arena with everything set out around it was just perfect. Made it feel like our own MX-5 world. No walking backwards and forwards along a row of stands, You could just do a lap to stretch your legs and finish up back where you started. Hope it was as much of a success for the trade stands as it was for everyone else. Well done guys, loved it.Laughing