National Rally, Sywell - Thank you

A big thank you to the organisers and the volunteers at the show today.
The entrance to parking ran smoothly and the scanning of the tickets was a breezeđŸ‘đŸ».
Great cars in the arena and more than enough in the parking area.
A lot of knowledgeable people to talk to (for me anyway) regarding all aspects of the cars.
Lots of waves and smiles there and back from the Midlands😁

10 Likes

Here, here from us. Excellent day, well organised and a great setting, perfect👍

Thank you👍

2 Likes

Completely agree. Thank you to all those involved in organising it must have been a massive job! One question could I please ask if this event is similar to the spring rallies (so I can try to get to that next year!).

1 Like

Thanks, great weekend Curborough yesterday and the show today.

1 Like

A big thanks from us , first rally for us had a great time and also bumped into some real people from on here, spotted a couple of familiar cars .

2 Likes

+1 more :+1:

Unfortunately we could not make it this time, I had my tickets but we had a last minute glitch which prevented us from making the trip. I’m hoping to see some photos or maybe posts on YouTube would be nice.
I’m glad it went well for everyone.

A thumbs up here too. Marshalling in off the road and through to and including car parking was excellent. A tough job I know, as I’ve been involved with this myself at several rallies. Great job :+1:

1 Like

Excellent day - thankyou so much to all involved, both in planning and on the day volunteers - you make me very proud to be part of a great club.

Coupled with Curborough on Saturday, we had a terrific MX5 themed weekend.

Also cheers to all those that we saw on the run home and shared a wave - and to those that blanked us, well maybe they were not going home from the event! :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you to the organisers who made a really great day.
And a big thank you to members of the club I met at Toddington Service Stn , who I had never met before.
They made me most welcome and arranged a fantastic drive to Sywell.

Cheers
Malcolm :grinning:

1 Like

Was a great day out. Thanks for everything.

@an Older lady in a BRG NA driving out of the event on the A45 at around 3pm. Yes, there was alcohol available on site. That didn’t mean you needed to get bladder. Disgraceful. Swerving all over the show, Sudden and erratic braking at speed.

Nothing came of it (That I know of
) but you really let us all down on that one. Really was the only downside of the whole day, seeing that.

bit of a strong accusation tbh, unless you have some proof, in my opinion.

I didn’t post any names, I didn’t post any registrations (Better believe I would have if I had a dash cam). Hopefully this gets back to the person it was. They’ll know if it was them.

And yes, it’s a very strong accusation. I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t mean it.

Still feel it a bit pointless in my opinion to post this negative stuff and spoil what seems to have been a great day for the owner’s club, but that’s up to you. And for the record it’s not me as I have a Winning Blue and could not attend today unfortunately.

Had a really nice time today. Lots of bits to see, I’m all mx-5’d out now!

I spoke to a few others and we seemed to think that a potential area of improvement would be to integrate the car park into the main area a little more. For sure there were probably just as many (if not more) cool cars in the car park as there were in the main bit! Would have been lovely to have the owners closer to hand to chat to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is pointless, As I said before, Nothing will come of it unless she comes across this somehow and I really hope she will, to reflect.

And it was a great day. Saw loads of awesome cars, spent some money on bits I have been planning for a while (eyes on you Mr Moss Cobolt as my big ticket item) but never got around too. Got to visit a museum and met some good people too including Leigh from Bofi racing.

So much to see and do! We took a couple of chairs up expecting to sit down for a bit, but there just wasn’t enough time to sit down! Saw so many chairs tucked under the back of cars.

Did speak to a guy at the end who has a BRG NA with only 16k miles
 Which he was given!

The best part, Even though it was a sea of all MX5s. I don’t think I saw 2 that were exactly the same!

Many thanks from us especially for organising the Spitfire and Mustang (I think) display late on!! The noise was even better than the band.
Top people one and all.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Just like to reiterate the thanks being expressed to the organisers, especially those who volunteered on the day so the rest of us could have some fun. Especially those guys on the gates :clap: In my quest to hook up with anyone from the West Midlands area (Phoenix 5’s) I met some really nice people from the other local areas ! The Eastern/Norfolk crew especially
 Regarding the West Midlands area, no worries I’ll try again next time . If you were there, my apologies I should have gone to spec savers !

2 Likes

Big thanks from me too, had a great time at my first national rally. I wasn’t expecting to be there until the field was almost empty but I had to stay to see the competition winners and the Northants team on the stage. I did a bit of Kuro spotting but didn’t have that much time! Great job everyone.

The car push racing was great fun and the brothers doing the bike stunts never fail to impress. I wasn’t expecting Harborough FM to have a presence there, having come from Harborough myself. When I left I found myself in a line of 7 or 8 MX-5s heading to the A14, shame they all turned off and left me :joy:.

One bit of constructive criticism, I only recall seeing one rubbish bin in the main show area, by the end of the day it was piled high (but everything was in the bin and not on the floor, which was nice). An extra one on the museum side of the show area would’ve been handy. :+1: