national rally

Hi, I’m a new member. I’m going to the rally, and have already booked the Jury Inn hotel. But having just read the latest " Hardtop soft top", it suggests that booking a drive round the track can be booked through our website, or via www.nationalrally.co.uk. Yet neither give any obvious options to do so. It also states that tickets can be gleaned for the " after dark party" on the Saturday. This also I can’t find.

Can anyone help, or am I just looking to early.

Or, am I going mad. Please advise

Dave ( north Thames )

I

Hi. I think the answer is the note currently on the front page of the rally website…

PLEASE NOTE : PLANNING MEETING AT DONINGTON THIS WEEK 1-5/8
TICKETS AND INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED 9th AUGUST.

Please note

We were due to have a meeting with Donington on 7th July to confirm all of the arrangements, this was postponed by them until this week.

As soon as the contractual elements are all signed off then we will offer the tickets, until then falling fowl of incompatible timing with STHT

We will be good to go just as soon as possible.

Please note: All driving experiences will be bookable on the day in person, we do not have access to the main circuit at this time as it is in use with 5 Club racing and other 750 motor club racing, there will be offers to book tickets to spectate on the day as well as a few special opportunities to get involved with the race paddock.

Iain - Good luck with the meeting. Missing this month STHT isn’t a sin. it’s understandable IMHO. But - there’s always someone who will say “I didn’t know this” It’s up to A/C’s to circulate any late info as I see it.

Query - we are holding the rally on the old hairpin, but we can’t watch the racing without buying a ticket? Or do we just book a ticket, at no charge? Also - while it doesn’t concern me directly, what does “get involved with the race paddock” mean? (visions of changing tyres springs to mind!)