National @Sywell

So, I have booked our tickets, but can’t find our rally pass that came with the magazine. Any ideas on obtaining a replacement?

Post in the main thread of the Sywell rally event. A few have who have had problems have and you’ll get an answer there. A few have had missing hangers too.

Thanks Mick, I did exactly that, but got no response, so thought I’d try and open a new thread to see if that worked.

Go back to that thread and message iainf (user name) he’s posted quite a few times, I’m sure he’ll get you an answer.
If it comes to you not getting the hanger I’m sure flashing your membership card on arrival at the rally will be sufficient.
The hangers when displayed are a quick way of telling the volunteers where to direct you on arrival.

I tried that too Mick, no response yet, but then it is the time for holidays and all that.

I’m hoping that card flashing might work, guess it depends how flexible they are willing to be on the day…

Hi all I was so much looking forward to attending this event… well our first ever MX-5 Gathering.

Unfortunately I have been ask to cover other
duties during the same weekend due to lack of cover within our own SAR Maritime Sectors…

I have a members hanger if someone requires one, I’d be more than happy to mail it directly to who ever needs it… (Members only I’m assuming)

I also have a paid ticket that includes a plus one as I had already purchased one before I had joined this wonderful group…

Once again if anyone wants it please message me directly… ps the ticket is free I don’t want anything for it… but if you feel you have to give something then pop a pound in any RNLI collection box…or any charitable box will do…

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday weekend.

1 Like

Hi, will pm you, thanks.

1 Like

Is it just me or is the event coverage on the club website really poor?
Firstly its difficult to find info on it. Then on the calendar it opens up a page scant with info.
Click on an item and nothing.
Live music… click. nothing. Who is on, when, etc?
any other event …click… nothing.
More info to come it says… well, there is only a few days left.
We are attending but goodness know what to expect. Abysmal in this day and age.
Rant over.

Struggling for words…

Perhaps an offer of help to all the guys/girls who do so much voluntarily, in the face of adversity, technical problems and changing circumstances wouldn’t go amiss?

Rant over.

Ask not what your country can do for you…

3 Likes

I was one of those guys last year. I never saw the rally. I was standing in the road all day directing traffic so I think I am allowed a say.

The link on the Club Website for National Rally points to the link below, don’t think it’s too shabby, which links are you commenting on?

It’s a Club meet first and foremost and its part of your membership … for no extra cost. The last mag gave you an synopsis of what the day will be like.

You have no idea what we and by that I mean I, am up against this year trying to get this together.

if you have the energy to moan, then you have the energy to help and just because you helped park a few fellow members last year does not elevate you to some position to chastise, it should give you some understanding of what (albeit in just a few hours you donated) it takes to put these things on.

if everyone just demands something, who is going to put it on?

Trouble is nobody wants to help any more.

2 Likes

I consider myself suitably chastised.
As sec of CVPG that puts on the Luton Festival of Transport each year, I know what it’s like to put on a big show with diminishing help each year.
Just 5 old geezers now plus some paid help.

Seems we’ve both been in the same situation previously then; with that in mind I think kinder words could have been used (both of us).

Please do attend the rally - I’m sure it’ll be a cracking event; sometimes the odd unknown surprise can make the day!

:+1:

1 Like

I believe The Revolvers are in attendance, worth watching if you like your 60’s music, I certainly do.

Wot no ‘90s rave music? :rofl::wink:

1 Like

Bring your own boom-box Robbie!

He’s got his own marquee, we can set him up with a few whistles, gloves and glow sticks

Interesting :thinking: Maybe I didn’t need a room at The Aviator!

Anyone know what time the show is due to finish?