NB number plate plinth

Having recently resprayed my NB, I am lothed to put back on the front numberplate plinth. I have tried a self adhesive plate, but because of the curvature on the bumper it won’t go on without serious wrinkling. I have tried putting the original plinth on with numberplate tape, but that didn’t work… I don’t want to drill out the bumper to put the plinth back on Suggestions please…

I have removed the plinth from the front of my 2.5 and have simply screwed the number plate to the front bumper.Doesnt look 100% perfect,but it’s an improvement I think

Have you tried moving the adhesive number plate higher. To the position right below the bonnet, the Mazda badge needs to be removed but the holes can remain.
Apply with clean soapy water and using a heat gun stretch it to shape.

1 Like

By the sound of it you are looking for something like this:

After a bit of digging you can buy them from Jass Performance, hence the example plate in the image, they even have a comparison of their different offerings.
I don’t have one and have never bought anything from Jass so cant vouch for them but it seems to fit your requirements.

1 Like

The plinth on my NB was not very secure; the plastic, two part, removable rivets were not really up to the job and a very slight knock, such as when I washed the car, could dislodge the whole lot.

I eventually fixed it by replacing the rivets with nylon inserts* and stainless steel, self tapping screws.

*Similar to wall plugs but with a wider flange so they clip into to a panel.

1 Like

![image|375x500](upload://i67gBCL2FZFKWRnfgh8ZZgMADJX.jpeg) I bought a plastic chrome looking number plate mount from eBay looks ok I think.

1 Like

Heavy-duty self-adhesive Velcro. Ebay.

1 Like

I like the forward set radiator grill it looks good with the chrome surround. Do you know the manufacture of the grill?

1 Like

Sorry I don’t know the make it just says stainless steel mesh grill on the receipt, but it came from MX5 heaven in charminster near Dorchester they have a website & do mail order and back when I bought it 2013 it was £62.46. It was easy to fit. They done a slightly smaller one that fitted further back as well.

1 Like

Am pretty sure that is a Lockwood grille.

1 Like