Nb roll bar

Can anyone tell me a good roll bar for my mk2.5 which will not be be affected by my soft top with glass window please? Or must you go plastic rear?

Cheers,

Mags.

TR Lane are ideal

A few weeks ago I fitted a T R Lane one to my son’s Mk2, which has a glass rear screen.

It was more involved than I’d expected but there was no particular problem with the glass screen.

I have one on mine and no issues with roll bar

Hi,

I have fitted both the TR Lane and 5 Race bars to my Mk2s and both will be fine for you. Fitting is quite involved but as long as you are methodical it is a job that any competent DIY er could complete.  

Alastair

I have the TR Lane version fitted, works lovely and doesnt interfere with the heated glass rear screen.

Look at G C Fabrications gives the exact spec of what he builds his bars out of and to me look much stronger than T R Lanes offerings

From the weight of the TRL one I fitted, the roll bar is stronger than the structure it bolts to…

I think most roll bar / cage manufacturers offer various options.

I fitted the TRL with twin diagonals and welded in harness bar. Any stronger and I’d need more horses to pull it. 

Paul G

Looks a good fit that Paul, may just go for a roll bar rather than full cage

I believe that a cage is needed for racing and a roll bar is good for track days, auto solo etc.

I don’t think TRL keep them in stock but instead make them to order. I waited nearly three weeks but I’m well pleased with it.

Paul G

For the c;ass I will be racing as mad as it sounds you don’t even have to have a roll bar, but seen as I have got used to my head I think a roll bar is the most sensible mod

What is the rough cost to get someone to fit a roll bar ?

Do TR and GC also fit their roll bars or just supply ?

I was quoted 4 hours labour at £35 per hour to fit mine to my mk2.5 sport