NB2.5 gearbox and other aspects

Don’t worry about clogging anything. Part of the reason Forums exist is knowledge banking.
You could…might…just have done somebody a big favour without knowing.
That script was priceless though… :smiley:
Incidentally the Rota alloys do come in other flavours…a sort of sand gold and silver.

Just keep looking I’d say, I know it can be frustrating but there are plenty of enthusiast cars out there that have been garaged for a lot of their lives as second or third cars so won’t suffer the same rot. Best place to research is the DVLA MOT history checker site, it gives you the last 10-15 MOT status and what the fails or advisories were. You can tell a lot about the previous owners if they have the same advisory year after year the it probably means they are not that bothered about the car. Enthusiasts can’d stand something being wrong with their baby, it keeps us up at night (cough) we generally see an advisory as the chance to go tinker and fix something :slight_smile:
I saw a nice 10AE advertised looking really nice, but when putting the reg number through the DVLA site it has various corrosion advisories all the way back to 2011. This tells me it’s probably been patched or neglected for 10 years.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Oh and regarding the LSD and 6 speed? LSD is nice to have if on track but not essential on the road, and a well set up 6 speed with the turret lubricated properly and some decent oil in is just as good as the 5speed when warm (but a bit stiff for the first few minutes when cold) Only downside is with really quick changes from 4th to 5th sometimes you overshoot the gate and look a bit silly…