NBFL tyre recommendations (195/50/R15)

Its time for new tyres for the 5 and I’m looking for recommendations on which to get.

I’m currently looking at Avon ZV7s (£50 each), Hankook Vent V12 Evo 2s (£58 each), Uniroyal Rainsport 3s (£65 each) and Michelin PS3s (£72 each).

I’m not going to be doing any track driving and currently have some cheap Landsails fitted which were brand new when I got the car which actually weren’t too bad and have lasted for around 13k miles.

I have previously had PS3s fitted to my old Fiesta Zetec S (same size tyre) and found them to be very good.

Also it seems to me that tyre prices have risen since the last time I had to get any fitted :sweat_smile:. I’m sure I paid £60 a corner for PS3s on my fiesta.

Rainsports.

But then, on the Jag, I have Radar Dimax R8s, which have proven a pretty decent tyre, but then, thats a different car. The manufacturer, Omni United, isn’t one of your run of the mill budget tyre makers. Probably similar to where Kumho were 10 years ago.

I had the Rainsports (2’s) 15" on my Mk2, they were excellent.
Now have Kumhos (PS71) on my daily driver now and the NC (KU39) when they were the offering from them. All good, excellent grip wet or dry. Seem a good price for 15’s from you usual supplier’s.

The quest for “best” is endless. Most people never, ever drive near the limit of a tyre. A huge number of people on this forum never go out in their MX-5 in the wet. If you got on with your old tyre, get them again.