NC 3.75 Handbrake gaiter replacement

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC 3.75
  2. I’m based near: __Leicester
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __replacement

Need to fit a new handbrake lever gaiter, can this be done without centre console removal?

From what I’ve found it looks as though the console has to come off.

Can any one please recommend a quality replacement for both gaiters for the NC 3.75 would prefer leather.
Thanks Steve

1 Like

No need to remove the centre console, the gaiter is just clipped on from the top, pull upwards from the edges. Can’t recommend a replacement gaiter.

Many thanks…

NO you don’t need to remove the centre console. Had mine off a couple of days ago. 3.75. It just comes off with some plastic trim tools.
I was looking for a nice leather one as the original one is a bit naff really. If I find a good one will let you know. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Found this set for £19.99.
Leather and needs fitting on the existing frames. Reckon I will have a punt on it as it has to be better than what’s on it (I hope).
The seller confirmed the 3.75 model.
You will need to remove the centre console for the gear lever one. It’s easy really.
:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Excellent, please keep us posted, I’m not keen on the standard vinyl offering either.

2 Likes

Just tried to buy the set, but the eBay seller system won’t let me for some reason or another. :man_shrugging: Waiting to hear back.
Edit - eBay glitch ordered.

2 Likes

it seems very tight, worried about breaking something!

Lift up from the rear forward as there is a longer plastic lug at the front.
Here you go just taken mine off as the gaitors arriving tomorrow.

Check out this from Bvfraser. He installed the JF gaiter, amongst many other bits, only a couple of weeks ago. Looks fantastic!

Thanks for posting these pics! I’m looking to do the same in the near future and couldn’t quite work out how you’re meant to get into them :rofl:

Glad it has helped you. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:
PS-When it arrives I will take some sequence photo’s for you including the gear lever one (that’s if it’s the right one sent).

3 Likes

All arrived this morning and fitted.
If you tell J-F-Customs your model year etc they will make the correct bits for you.
Nice quality and a vast improvement from the standard.
Some pictures for you so you can see where you are going.
I believe the centre console fitting may be slightly different perhaps across the NC range?
You don’t need to take out the silver screw between the two at the back.
Once the 3 screws are out just pull it upwards from the front.
Bit fiddly disconnecting the window switch but a damn site easier than trying to push back the 4 metal tabs holding the unit in. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks very nice, do you have any non Ebay details for them?
Reluctant to using Ebay since being scammed.

Telephone 02089492268.
jfboots@mail.com

Has any one bought gaiters from The Tuning Shop?